Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Nissa XTerra S 4x4 Auto
46 Posts
Thanks for asking! It's been asked, privately many times, this was the initial intention...
Start small without the arm and get there was the plan, but starting small complicated around every corner, the 2 R&D copies had their own issues, and there hasn't been demand for the bumpers without tire carriers as well... everyone wants the ones with tire carriers.

So it's indefinitely on hold, the roof racks however have gained interest, keep us busy...
I am new around here so possibly this question has been asked, but I'll ask again anyhow. Is it possible to produce this bumper as you currently have it, but be able to "add a tire carrier" option at a later date. I don't know the viability of doing it this way, but it allows those that purchase this bumper, to purchase and install it now with an option to add your tire carrier later. Perhaps with the carrier hinge being a bolt on option, and this bumper w/o carrier having blanking plate bolted on in it's place?

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes it's doable for tire carrier future add on, having few extra holes as best case vs having unsightly welded hinge not used (yet), on each side. Definitely a great feature to have, I bet many wished for it in the past having to sell their old bumper because it didn't have a tire carrier. Or replacing some worn out components.
And it would entice new buyers, knowing that if they get tired of the tire carrier, it's temporarily removable -- city life and lots of in and outs, vs few-long-trips-a-year.

Our bumper plans are on hold at the moment, but tire carrier was how it all started for me (the first big product wanted, researched, started, lessons learned), so it's a matter of time, resources, money, demand, buyers..... a bit of everything?

I am new around here so possibly this question has been asked, but I'll ask again anyhow. Is it possible to produce this bumper as you currently have it, but be able to "add a tire carrier" option at a later date. I don't know the viability of doing it this way, but it allows those that purchase this bumper, to purchase and install it now with an option to add your tire carrier later. Perhaps with the carrier hinge being a bolt on option, and this bumper w/o carrier having blanking plate bolted on in it's place?

·
Registered
2006 Nissa XTerra S 4x4 Auto
46 Posts
Not for now, ideally it would be, the desire is there but it's unfortunately on hold for the moment.
Hopefully when you are ready to produce, I will also be in the market. As of right now, my funds are allocated towards making the X a dependable driver. Once that is complete, things like this bumper (w/ tire carrier) are on my short list of must haves.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts