Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What kind of motorcycles do the members here have?

I have a 2002 Suzuki bandit 600 that's been modded to the point that the only stock about it is the gas tank lol. It was a first bike, and over time i learned how to mod it, little by little. Its slow as ****, but i love it. it actually won "fighter of the month" over at customfighters.

Edit: I would post mine, but being new prevents me from posting images.

EDIT: attached thumbnails

Attachments

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Oh man! Finally a legit bike thread :) Makes me happy. Here is my 81 KZ750 Tracker we just finished and two KTM 690 Dukes we built for a customer out of Wyoming. Currently building a 87 KLR650 for a local. I'll throw some pics up soon. More pics and builds on our site.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
My first bike... 2007 Ninja 650r. Found a 3 year old bike with 1300miles on it, and proceeded to daily ride it till it hit ~40k miles. It was perfect for learning. Perfect for my first SMALL drops... like slipping off kickstand at a gas station (the bike had already been down LIGHTLY by previous owner, so no worries about small scratches). Since it has 40k miles and was stolen, butchered up, scratched up, hamfisted, and recovered.... I can ride it with little worry about resale value and theft. I don't bat an eye about leaving it in a parking lot... once was a time I would check on it twice during dinner.

This one is my baby. 2009 Buell XB12scg. It was my dream bike for awhile, and after my Ninja was stolen... I decided to go for my dream. Then cops found my Ninja 1 month after theft, so I have a beater and weekend/nice day toy.

Hopefully these pics work... picasa transfered to google+ is weird at time.

My Fiance has a 2009 SV650... so the garage is a bit crowded.

One of these days, I'll get around to stripping the ninja down and fabbing some brackets so it looked more like this....

EDIT: Forgot about mods.
650r: LSL Superbike low bars, K&N filter, FMF slip-on, new fork springs and Racetech gold emulators, powdercoated wheels, "custom" fender eliminator (removed cheapie bar end mirrors, stolen tail bag), LED integrated tail light.
XB12scg: Vinyl wrapped screen, cheapie bar end mirrors, gutted OEM exhaust, titanium header wrap, vinyl wrapped heel guards, K&N, Oury grips, "custom" fender eliminator, jumbo sized rear tire, knock-off levers, XB12sx headlight grill, knock off turn signals

Now that the tail bag was stolen, the Nelson Rigg sprt40 saddle bags just switch bike to bike... fit well on both, but put straps over or under seat depending on what works best.

·
TNX Veteran
3,643 Posts
Currently have a 2015 Yamaha FZ-07. Aftermarket signals, headlight, exhaust, handlebars, levers, rear hugger, fender eliminator, bar-end mirrors, tank grips, LED underbody glow lights, frame sliders, throttle tube, and more things.... I ride this daily even in the rain. Sounds awesome, has great torque for "commuting level speeds", cheap, and gets 50mpg. My favorite bike so far. I bought new last October and now have 13.5k miles.

My bike before this was a 2014 Yamaha Raider. Bought new last March and put 6k miles on it over the summer when we had no rain for months. It was too nice to ride in the rain and I was afraid to mod it so I sold it lol

My first bike I got when 17 and it was a 2005 Honda CBR 600 F4i and had about 3.5 years & put 22k miles on it. Bad idea. Introduced me to jail time ;)

My dad has a 2007 Honda XR650 and a 2014 Yamaha WR250 that we take out off-road every once in a while. I like dual sports cus you can have fun without going 90mph.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Oh man! Finally a legit bike thread :) Makes me happy. Here is my 81 KZ750 Tracker we just finished and two KTM 690 Dukes we built for a customer out of Wyoming. Currently building a 87 KLR650 for a local. I'll throw some pics up soon. More pics and builds on our site.
Dude! that KZ is SOOOO SICK!!!

·
Registered
793 Posts

Sportster I've had and tinkered with for a long time. Apes were fun but made my hands go numb after a while so I figured I'd try drags for a while

Older shot of the Sporty and a modified Dyna (started life as a Street Bob). That one belongs to my father but I've had it out here a few years.

Old CX500 my dad and I worked on when I was in high school. Currently hanging out in my grandfather's garage.

I had an accident in June and I'm still not sure I'll ever be on two wheels again. Definitely sucks since it's been a part of my life so long.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Playing on a rock behind the house, trying to learn to nose wheelie pivot on my '07 Beta Rev3 270. The only trials bike I've ever sold.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts