Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Pro4X 6SM Night Armor
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably already an answer but just checking.
After the Titan Swap I am getting the Slip light at just about every off ramp on the highway, if the exit is long the VDC light comes on and both stay on until I turn the truck off, then it resets
Truck drives fine no pulling, alignment was completed as well
Picture is for reference before torque or grease
Radflo 2.0 / 650 lbs
New inner and outer tie rods
Is there anything else that I need to reset? Did I missed something?
Thanks for the input

·
Well then...
1,099 Posts
This has happened to me, but it hasn’t had anything to do with my suspension.

Did you by chance disconnect the battery‘s negative cable lately? The X is very picky with its steering sensor after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. You’ll want to make sure the negative battery cable is nice and tight.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to check the battery terminals But no I haven't disconnected the battery, didn't disconnect the ABS sensors during the TS process.
Thank you

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Did they reset the steering sensor after your alignment? I will still get a slip light on some ramps, but not nearly as bad as I did before I had the sensor reset. At my initial alignment after TS, the shop didn't reset the sensor, so I had it done at the dealer while I was getting some warranty stuff done. After that, the slip light rarely came on.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I sometimes get it as well but i think thats just my driving style. definitely more body roll now without the front sway bar.

On another note, it looks to me, in the pic, that you put your UCA's on the wrong side.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Driver side am I wrong? round portion of the UCL to the rear?
Please advise when I was installing I follow the same shape pattern as OEM

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have to get it reset after I figure out if my UCA are assemble correctly

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ohhh man how can I be so dumb

Thank you RoadKiller 2006 maybe that is why I am getting the slip light at every exit on the highway the geometry is out of whack

I install correctly this time except my parts where not marked L or R
But it makes sense round portion to the front giving more clearance to the coil bucket

Thanks again for letting me know my mistake

·
Registered
2011 pro4-x T swapped and pin striped
40 Posts
After my T swap my slip light comes on if I enter a corner a little hot, but other than that no issues. When I first had it aligned it stayed on for a little while but eventually went off. Now it seems to come on at appropriate times. Small price to pay for an awesome lift.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Meanwheel, true statement small price to pay but the improvements go beyond the looks
Increased capabilities and better driving experience, waited a few years to pull the trigger on this but well worth it

·
Registered
2011 pro4-x T swapped and pin striped
40 Posts
Yea I’m glad I went with it. It was money well spent! I liked the nisstec kit because the tie rods are replaced no extended and they had suggestions and recommendations for every option. Also I built my X with in mind that I do not daily drive it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts