Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was finally able to get a break in the weather to put the Body Moldings on my X and after I got them on there I wondered if I should have modified them with some drain holes, so as to prevent water from filling up and sitting in there. Has anyone who has them noticed this sort of problem or am I over thinking. I put them on in accordance with the instructions provided, even as far as searching for a rubber roller. (What a PITA to find), but that gap where the front and back door meet bothers me.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Assuming you attached them properly (No gaps) then there should be no issue. Keep an eye on them and if needed you could always go back with a dremel and add holes easily enough.

·
on line
143 Posts
You are talking about Moldings that attach via double face tape right? I'm with miles...your statement is confusing....

·
on line
26 Posts
i just replaced one of the stock moldings and there was some fine dirt that got inside there right under the off road emblem.there is a gap where the thraight and the rounded double back tape pieces butt together.the tape is not all one piece. it was starting to separate the lower strip of tape where the dirt was accumulating.there was no sign of corrosion yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts