Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
on line
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this on the Nissan Help website, I was wondering if this means I can go to the dealer and they will install the cam bolts in place of the non-adjustable at no cost. Also, will the fact that I have changed from the original tires (BFG Long Trail 265/70R16 to the BFG All Terrain 265/75R16) somehow not make me eligible for this?

http://www.mediafire.com/?eflsf93irnr

·
on line
735 Posts
I have an 05 that came with non-adjustable bolts. I got my dealer to jump through the hoops and report an alignment pull on the work order to justify the camber bolt service. I have them, but they did a crappy alignment the first time. I paid for another dealer to straighten it out..so it cost me $80.

·
on line
131 Posts
mike100 said:
I have an 05 that came with non-adjustable bolts. I got my dealer to jump through the hoops and report an alignment pull on the work order to justify the camber bolt service. I have them, but they did a crappy alignment the first time. I paid for another dealer to straighten it out..so it cost me $80.
Yeah, they got you by the kiwis there. Had the same thing happen to me, so I just sucked it up and bought the darn things and installed them with my lift, and then had an alignment done (NOT @ a dealership).

·
on line
191 Posts
Can someone please take a pic of the non-adjustable cam bolts. I have cambolts on my 05, but how can I tell if they're the adjustable kind? thanks.

·
on line
735 Posts
They just look like gold anodized bolts that are centered in the washer like any other bolt. The adjusable ones have a flat and lock into the washer off center. the washer also has angle marks on it as well as a big notch at the zero offset point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts