Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
1,407 Posts
I like the prerunner type bars. I would like one for the front of my X, just to hold a couple lights. I don't have a need for a winch at this time, because if I did I would be going with Shrocks front bumper.

·
on line
1,320 Posts
That's a full-on crawler bumper (minus the winch mount) with that big ole hoop on it... that particular one is incomplete so they may have actually integrated a winch mount like this...

Something like that should only run about $400-500. Only downside would be ginving up your ride for a week or so while they do it.

·
on line
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well i could buy a shrock bumper or have a custom one
like that made. What does every1 think? The plus side
it wouldn't be that heavy even with a winch. So their wouldn't
be much sagging in the front, not like my GF on the other hand.
:geek: Had to throw that in.
________
Mercedes-benz c291 history

·
on line
3,484 Posts
OK my first impression is cool, then I think about what I really do, Park in town sometimes...... If you live out in AZ or somewhere like that, ya, but where you are from and me, I think Cops might want to check that out. Plus, in real Off Road environment, I think you will get a lot better protection out of a Winch Bumper with the skid. Not tested yet but I think my shrockworks can handle a Deer hit dead on with no damage at say 50, That bar looks like it would get bent up. It does look to be really efficient at a desert run flat out full bore hammer down. MC

·
on line
1,407 Posts
usmc xterra said:
Not tested yet but I think my shrockworks can handle a Deer hit dead on with no damage at say 50, That bar looks like it would get bent up.
That alone might sell me on the Shrock front. We have deer everywhere around here! They are horribly overpopulated.

·
on line
108 Posts
Where did you get that pic? I could swear that its Johnny Shapiro's truck from the ENCXC club. (it would of been fabed by Richard, Frontier2k1) He mentioned that he was going to do it, but I dont know when he was going to pull the trigger. If that X is SASd I would put money on it that is Johnny's, but its a little dark in the pic me to tell.

·
on line
108 Posts
Also, to further the debate:

If it is Johnnys. He had a shrock and winch, Took the Shrock off, to build the stinger/prerunner style bumber. He will also, put the winch on it as well.

However, Johnny did complain about the sag a little, and this syle of bumper would help allevate it.

I prefer the Shrock, I dont particularly (sp) care for the prerunner bumper.

·
on line
1,831 Posts
I've got mixed emotions about that bumper. I keep scrolling back up to look at it, hoping that just once, it won't look like a goofy face staring at me. I like pre-runner bumpers but I'd like that one more if the center loop was half as tall.
________
Bed bath and beyond gift card

·
on line
1,320 Posts
I like pre-runner bumpers but I'd like that one more if the center loop was half as tall.
Yeah, that style bumper is totally a rockcrawler thing; having a stinger that high in case you start to tip forward... a prerunner doesn't even need the hoop, just offers a little extra protection for lights if you have'em mounted up there, like this

·
on line
1,831 Posts
I still think I'd want some forward tubing for those desert moments when blasting through cactus would otherwise kill your hood.

Are you still leaning towards the longer version?
It'd certainly be unique to new gens.
________
Eye / vision advice

·
on line
1,667 Posts
i can build almost anything out of metal. the problem is that my brain doesnt contain any creativity. if someone wants to sketch me up some ideas for a next gen bumper, i can put something together with prices.

im still trying to finish this damn rear bumper but im thinking about starting over and hiding the rear hitch behind the license plate so that its not so blah. any ideas?!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts