Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
on line
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have this little project I'm doing and have a question. I have to hook a wire to a 12V positive constant power source. I don't like splicing into wiring and stuff like that.

Could I just run this wire directly to the positive battery terminal and tighten it between the terminal and the battery cable, or is there a better way and better looking way to do this?

Thanks.

EDIT: Do I have to use a fuse, if one's not provided?

·
on line
237 Posts
ALWAYS use a fuse. And will you can go directly to the battery, I wouldn't recommend it unless you plan on having that circut pull some large current. I'm sure someone else here will have an idea of where (fuzebox?) you can tap in for 12V. Another question you may want to ask is...do you want battery power (therefore on all the time) or do you want ignition power (on only while X is on)?

·
on line
1,831 Posts
chiefkeith said:
Could I just run this wire directly to the positive battery terminal and tighten it between the terminal and the battery cable?
Do I have to use a fuse, if one's not provided?
Yes and yes. If one's not provided, buy an in-line fuse from an automotive store and incorporate it into your positive wire as close to the battery terminal as possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts