Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having some difficulty finding a shop that will install my OME lift (not in possession yet). Les Schwab said no due to liability issues. Other places said they could do it but they didn't convince that they knew what they were doing and I don't want to get bent over. Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
As I said in your intro post, there are plenty of people around Portland that would be willing to help you install the lift. A few of us just did another members OME lift 4 months ago. Hit up the Facebook page for the local club(in my signature) and I'm sure we could throw together a mod day to get it done. Plus you would save a lot of money and get to meet some of the local people.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks again. Yeah, I was just looking for a good backup in case a mod day fell through. I feel half-bad having others help.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Depending on timing I'd be glad to help. There are several of us around PDX that could help. Put up a mod day feeler in the Pacific section or the NWXC section and you'll get a good idea of when and where and what not.

If you're not on it already, check out NWXC.net (link in my signature)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again for the tips guys. When I get the lift, I'll definitely try the local forums here first, before the shops.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I don't have the OME kit, but I do have the Nisstec Ultimate kit. Thoroughly satisfied with their customer service, prices, and product. I highly recommend them!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Trav- I thought that truck of yours looked familiar. I work right down the street from you at the Hyatt Place. Been staring at your X for months. That thing is sick! Yeah, I've heard great things about Nisstec and they've been very helpful through email.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Trav- I thought that truck of yours looked familiar. I work right down the street from you at the Hyatt Place. Been staring at your X for months. That thing is sick! Yeah, I've heard great things about Nisstec and they've been very helpful through email.
Yep, that's me. I'm there Monday-Thursday till 5 if you ever wanna stop by and check it out or have any questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Haven't done springs but I can help ya install it. I have the tools and things.
Thanks! I'll probably have the springs pre-assembled at Nisstec when I order and I'll PM when the kit comes in. It probably won't be until January though due to Xmas bleeding me dry.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep, that's me. I'm there Monday-Thursday till 5 if you ever wanna stop by and check it out or have any questions feel free to ask.
I definitely will at some point, I would love to pick your brain. Do you work in the guard building?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I definitely will at some point, I would love to pick your brain. Do you work in the guard building?
Yeah, I work out there. I can try and answer any questions you might have, but bear in mind the X is my first off road vehicle and I'm not the most mechanically inclined guy, I had a TON of help from more than a few of the local guys when it came to the majority of my mods and installation.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts