Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
221 - 240 of 257 Posts
Discussion starter · #227 ·
Looks great Ralph! How long did it take you to get that bumper? It seems super quick. Did you order it the day of our mod day or something? lol
Thanks man!

Ordered it on May 19th and got it Aug 10th.

I'm pretty sure I ordered it after we installed yours. Luckily the group buy was just in time. I was quoted 4 months and it got here a week early.

Thanks man!

Ordered it on May 19th and got it Aug 10th.

I'm pretty sure I ordered it after we installed yours. Luckily the group buy was just in time. I was quoted 4 months and it got here a week early.
Damn. It's been that long already? It feels like that was only a month ago. That's exactly how long it took for mine to arrive too. It seems that Shrock has gotten better at keeping to their word of delivery times. I so regret not doing the front bumper as my first mod. That $1200 has caused more head-turning than the other $7k or so in mods combined. Enjoy it!

Lol. Been there before. Out at a friend ranch which has several small ponds. Had driven across a dried up one all weekend. My buddy in a cherokee stopped on the pond skin, and gave it a bit too much gas when getting going (not excessive.... but cracked the surface). Rear sank 6in immediately. Knew he was in trouble, so shifted to 4wd... next thing we knew it was frame on the surface all the way around. Ground was HARD... we TRIED to do a burnout on some 4x4 quads, but they didn't break the surface. Also go his small John Deere almost sank pulling the cherokee out. Had to use a bull dozer on dry ground to pull the Deere before it got too deep. Gotta be careful of those cracked surfaces... often has some REALLY soft ground under them. Might as well be driving on thin ice.

Discussion starter · #234 ·
Lol. Been there before. Out at a friend ranch which has several small ponds. Had driven across a dried up one all weekend. My buddy in a cherokee stopped on the pond skin, and gave it a bit too much gas when getting going (not excessive.... but cracked the surface). Rear sank 6in immediately. Knew he was in trouble, so shifted to 4wd... next thing we knew it was frame on the surface all the way around. Ground was HARD... we TRIED to do a burnout on some 4x4 quads, but they didn't break the surface. Also go his small John Deere almost sank pulling the cherokee out. Had to use a bull dozer on dry ground to pull the Deere before it got too deep. Gotta be careful of those cracked surfaces... often has some REALLY soft ground under them. Might as well be driving on thin ice.
That is exactly what happened to me but it was one xterra and one fronty pulling me out at the same time.

From a different thread about RTTs:

Glad you got that puppy home safe and sound. Yeah, it can be a pain. I have 35's, 2 in lift and a tall rack. Wife and I have good upper body strength otherwise we would have to figure something else out. My next tent will be going on a trailer which will not be as tall, thank god!
What? When did you get 35's?

Discussion starter · #240 ·
221 - 240 of 257 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.