Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Longtime Nissan owner here.
Just got a 2006 X w/180K mi a couple weeks ago.
It had the dreaded PO300 (multiple cylinder misfire) when I bought it cheap. 馃槂

I have cleaned all the grounds, replaced the battery neg cable, all new plugs (NGK), coils, MAF, ECM relay, fuel injectors, knock sensors, 02 sensors, LIM and upper gaskets, cleaned the TB, and probably something else I forgot.

That cleared up the PO300 and occasional knock sensor codes, now I am stuck with the PO305 and occasional PO132 High volt (rich) bank 1 (which leads me to assume the brand new injector is OK since I hate taking off that manifold):mad:. I swapped in 3 different coils and spark plugs and all the same PO305.
I have tested the harness ground and it's good, and has 12V+. I can't test the violet signal wire for signal yet since I don't have a Hz meter or oscilloscope, but it seems to have about .5 volt.

Have not tested the fuel pressure yet either/no screw in for gauge ! :mad: .

Any ideas?
Thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Catalytic was melting.
Ran great for awhile, then kept getting P0420 and P0305 with no vacuum, with increased sluggishness, then finally melted all the way and clogged the rear cat.
MAF was also junk. Idiot PO put an over oiled K&N on it.
The original problem was bad grounds at the F16 position and the above mentioned dirty MAF.

Installed a DynoMax 19443, new front cats, deleted the secondary cats.
Runs great! No CEL!
Too loud though. Will the resonators from a titan or Armada fit?

Thanks.

Registered
Hi!
Longtime Nissan owner here.
Just got a 2006 X w/180K mi a couple weeks ago.
It had the dreaded PO300 (multiple cylinder misfire) when I bought it cheap. 馃槂

I have cleaned all the grounds, replaced the battery neg cable, all new plugs (NGK), coils, MAF, ECM relay, fuel injectors, knock sensors, 02 sensors, LIM and upper gaskets, cleaned the TB, and probably something else I forgot.

That cleared up the PO300 and occasional knock sensor codes, now I am stuck with the PO305 and occasional PO132 High volt (rich) bank 1 (which leads me to assume the brand new injector is OK since I hate taking off that manifold):mad:. I swapped in 3 different coils and spark plugs and all the same PO305.
I have tested the harness ground and it's good, and has 12V+. I can't test the violet signal wire for signal yet since I don't have a Hz meter or oscilloscope, but it seems to have about .5 volt.

Have not tested the fuel pressure yet either/no screw in for gauge ! :mad: .

Any ideas?
Thanks
Bad coil in cylider 5 and forward O2 sensor sniffing at the gas getting passed unburned....Rough idle? If so, coil. I have had a lousy year or better because of faulty nissan coils.

Registered
Bad coil in cylider 5 and forward O2 sensor sniffing at the gas getting passed unburned....Rough idle? If so, coil. I have had a lousy year or better because of faulty nissan coils.
If it occasionally pops a bank 2 rich look at MAF sensor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts