Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -
Stuck trying to remove the 2 19mm bolts that hold the torque member part of the caliper to the control arm?

I've got a breaker bar and for the life of me can't get these suckers off. Am I missing something?

Took the 2 14mm slide bolts off, removed the caliper and the brake pads and now all that's left (i think) are the 2 19mm bolts. Neither of them budge.

Been hitting them with PB blaster all morning. Is there something else to them? And (stupid question) but I should be applying pressure down right?

Man this is annoying...

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind.... turn the wheel to get a better angle on it.

Derrr.... feel like an idiot. Came right off!

·
on line
612 Posts
Umm... I thought you just had to remove the 2 bolts that hold the caliper on. After you get the caliper off you should be able to remove the rotor. I'd have to look at my X to be sure but I think that's all.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Umm... I thought you just had to remove the 2 bolts that hold the caliper on. After you get the caliper off you should be able to remove the rotor. I'd have to look at my X to be sure but I think that's all.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Nah, there's 4 bolts to get the rotor off (2 if you are just doing pads). 2 14mm bolts that remove the caliper (to gain access to the pads). Then 2 19mm bolts that attach the torque member.

·
on line
2,264 Posts
You can leave the 2 bolts on the slider on. Just take the 2 big ones off and the whole caliper package comes off and you can pull the rotor.

·
on line
2,264 Posts
If you are replacing the rotor, the pads are getting changed as well.
If you are changing the pads, you need the 14mm wrench to get the caliper off. Nearly impossible to get all the spring loaded clips correct from the inside, a breeze from the outside with the caliper removed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts