Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im doing the install from greg and im unsure where the washers go for the bottom of the radflos. do both washers go on the outside of the bottom shock holder or are they sandwiched in with the spacers. reason for asking is there is a little gap if the wahsers are on the outside. i could tighten it down but im not sure if this is the right way. any other pointers before i go further. top uca bolt is already cut. please help!!!!!!!

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool man. is this from greg? im doing this in my apartment garage and i finally got the drivers side. now onto the passenger. what are the torque specs for the bolts? is gregs uca supposed to be free swiveling or does it have a tight fit? im talking about the up and down movement, not the hiem joints. i know those are tight.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys, i could not for the life of me get the washers in there correctly. If it has to be that way, im gonna have to bend the mounts out a little. Im not sure if thats the right thing to do. right now the way i have it is bolt-shockmount-washer-spacer-radflo-spacer-shockmount-washer-locknut. Is it OK to do it this way? Also, with the steering knuckle not connected, the UCA has a tight up/down feel to it. More like "new" type feel. It does move up/down but you have to give it a little pull. It does not just fall down if i put the arm in the air. This is my first time to lift a vehicle as all my previous cars were lowered and that was much easier.

Guys, what should the torque be on the upper UCA bolts? How bout the ball joint nut?

I thought this was going to be cake but its been a challenge so far. I think the passenger side should be easier as there is no bolt to cut. Please any tips would be helpful cause i need this to be done before Monday.

Back to the UCA swiveling, maybe i tightened the top bolts to tight. I havent even torqued them down yet. Is there a washer configuration for these as well? The hiems were zip tied together so i would assume not.

Sorry for all the questions but i just want to get this done. Please help!

·
on line
3,050 Posts
Creek said:
haha...yeah, that's a bit far for you. However, i'm sure you could travel less than half that distance and meet up with someone on here to help you with the install. Hell, if I wasn't going to CO, i'd say come down to Jerz and i'd help you do it.
I havent got the lift as of yet, but if your free when its here and you dont mind giving me hand I would appreciate it....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts