Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched high & low and have found many threads concerning cruise issues. However, these all seem to be about not being able to get the cruise to set or about blinking lights. My issue is different. My cruise will not turn on at all. No indicator light, nothing. I have checked the obvious related fuses & even thought about the switch on the brake pedal but that would not cause it to not come on at all, just not set.......right? Does anybody have any ideas where I should start my trouble shooting? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I have searched high & low and have found many threads concerning cruise issues. However, these all seem to be about not being able to get the cruise to set or about blinking lights. My issue is different. My cruise will not turn on at all. No indicator light, nothing. I have checked the obvious related fuses & even thought about the switch on the brake pedal but that would not cause it to not come on at all, just not set.......right? Does anybody have any ideas where I should start my trouble shooting? Thanks in advance!!
I'm no electrical guru, but my first inclination would be to refer to the factory service manual - which you can find here http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Xterra/. Then, maybe disconnect the battery for 15 minutes to force a reset (I think that's what you have to do) of all the computers etc. Maybe that will help. I don't have any other suggestions...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What year is your X?

If under warranty, take it in.
Sorry. I should have lead with that. It's a 2007 with 135,000 so it's way out of warranty.

I have the factory service manual and have been looking through that but was hoping that someone may have experience with the issue.

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Do you have other buttons on your steering wheel? Do they work? If not, the connection from the wheel through the steering column could be faulty ... Or it could just be the cruise button that's faulty.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Did you add LED brake lights- some internet poster state the cruise wont work with certain cars and LED brake bulbs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do not have steering wheel mounted audio controls, just cruise. And I have not changed any bulbs, etc. Unfortunately my only mods are upgraded shocks & I fabricated a front mount hitch for a fishing rod / cooler rack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts