Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched on here and have been unable to come up with anything, so I am going to throw it out there...I want to do something with the cargo area of the X, but not necessarilly the cargo mat. I was thinking about perhaps spraying it out with the Plasticoat or some other spray-on bedliner. Has anyone attempted this or know anything about doing it? A lot of the guys over at VAXC have been getting Plasticoat happy, but nothing thus far about the cargo area. Thanks in advance.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Trying to coat the back with plasticoat would be expensive.

There is no reason you couldn't do a roll on bed liner. The stuff sticks to anything. The panels are pretty easy to remove too, so you could probably even take it to a place like LineX and have them coated.

·
on line
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe "plasticoat" is the wrong product. Maybe I am thinking of Duplicolor's spray-on bedliner. Are you saying that it would be expensive in the fact that I would need A LOT of it to finish the job? Hows about grabbing that "do-it-yourself" roll-on kit from Advance. Would that be cheaper than taking it to Line-X? Just wondering.

·
on line
266 Posts
i asked a place that does spray in bedliner to coat the back of my x with line-x or rhino liner stuff and they said it would scratch just as easily as the plastic that's already in the back of the x..

i dont know how true that is, but try coating the panel above that storage compartment first and see how it holds up

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Sorry, my mistake. I just looked up Platicoat and it's not what I was thinking. I was thinking of the stuff that you dip tool handles in.

Plasticoat looks like it would work.

Any of the DIY bed liners would work (I use Herculiner). I have not had great luck with the duability of Dublicolor.

As for LineX scratching off, I would hope not. That stuff is suppose to stick up to the abuse of a pickup truck bed. It's not like you are hauling stones in the back of the X. But maybe it has something to do with it being plastic and not metal.

When they said that...did they know how easily scratched the X's plastic is?

·
on line
1,831 Posts
The Duplicolor spray on liner has lasted pretty well on my wheels. I'd say that'd be an easy job, plus, it's relatively cheap.

·
on line
266 Posts
Muzikman said:
Sorry, my mistake. I just looked up Platicoat and it's not what I was thinking. I was thinking of the stuff that you dip tool handles in.

Plasticoat looks like it would work.

Any of the DIY bed liners would work (I use Herculiner). I have not had great luck with the duability of Dublicolor.

As for LineX scratching off, I would hope not. That stuff is suppose to stick up to the abuse of a pickup truck bed. It's not like you are hauling stones in the back of the X. But maybe it has something to do with it being plastic and not metal.

When they said that...did they know how easily scratched the X's plastic is?
he said it as he was holding the panel from the rear storage compartment in his hands

1 - 10 of 10 Posts