Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been noticing that its been getting more and more ITS ONLY 1 1/2 YRS OLD ...I took her down to the ((stealer)) Dealer I happen to have theArmor all wipescontainer on my front seat . Tech guy tells me it probably won't be covered and that the armor all Migt be the cause !?!?!?!

:dontknow: You mean all these years that ARMOR ALL has been out stating that it protects plastic,vinyl and rubber from sun They've been lying !?!?!
anyone else getting faded out on this piece ?!?!

·
on line
2,077 Posts
armor all is in fact not good to use on vinyls (don't remember why thou, it's been a while since i have had a discussion about it)...i always used maguier's leather cleaner.

and the plastic piece will fade, there just not much to do about it, it happens to all of us. maybe try some back-to-black stuff, that may help.

·
on line
618 Posts
I use 303 Protectant on all the plastics and rubber. I also spray the wheels to help prevent dust build-up. Unfortunately if I am too hasty and do not wipe it off as well as I should, it does produce "streaking" from being rained on.

Mine is 1.5 years old and sits outside all the time. It still looks brand new.

-Old Army

·
on line
15,651 Posts
I have never cleaned the cawl with anything besides car wash and water and it's faded. I just commented about it last week as a matter of fact.

·
on line
874 Posts
I rattled caned mine...no more issues at all :blackeye:

·
on line
294 Posts
mine's fading after 14 months. i'm gonna try some mother's back to black or whatever it's called and see how it does/how long it lasts. i've never used anything on it before tho to protect it.

·
on line
149 Posts
mine is faded and actually getting replaced this week under warranty . . . just past 36K miles, but i had them order with like 20 miles to go under warranty and they documented the mileage . . . at least i can go a little longer before it fades again

·
on line
896 Posts
the 303 aero protectant is the best stuff, it is made for boats and it has UV protectant in it. I havent ever put it on the wiper cowl and I can tell a HUGE difference. 303 is the best stuff, although it stinks to high heaven if you put it on the inside

1 - 10 of 10 Posts