Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do places exist in the DFW area that I could possibly take my truck for some offroad fun? I don't want to damage the truck , just have some fun, a little mud, the great outdoors, good people, not asking for much.

·
on line
2,004 Posts
Look for offroad parks. and go with a 4x4 to pull u out if needed

·
on line
3,217 Posts
There are a couple of places that we go to but they are not in the DFW area. We go to Katemcy and to a mountain that I am drawing a blank on right now for the name of it. I don't know if there are any areas that you can take off and play. I think that there are a couple of places in Katemcy that you can do. I haven't been to either one yet but am planning on going soon. If I go and you are there I'll have no problems pulling you out or anything. I wheeled my first X that was 2wd and did pretty good in it and always had to get pulled out of places but I always went out with at least a min of one 4x4. Check out www.swxc.org when it gets redone. It is currently down because they couldn't get ahold of the guy that owns it. They are working on getting the site back up and running when the domain name becomes available again.

·
on line
671 Posts
I 4x2 with my 4x4 friends all the time & don't have much issue.
Driving ability is most of it.I can do fairly rugged hill climbs as long as it's not too rocky,deep roots or mud.
You can have plenty of fun it 2wd!
Try to stay away from big mud holes without someone to pull you out.
I just got back from a place here in Florida called Croom & she did fine!
I put radiator skid,gas tank & rear diff for peace of mind though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts