Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
It's official, the date is set for the March Pismo Run. It is going to be the 28th through the 30th. We will meet early on the 28th (Friday) and do some offroading. For the 2 nights that we will be there we will camp on the oceano dunes, each of us will need to log on and reserve a camp site. You can do this on reserveamerica.com. I'm pretty sure that they dont assign you a camp site you just get gaurenteed a spot on the dunes that night... they only let a certain amount of people in per night. On Saturday will do some more offroading, if anyone knows of a cool place at the dune we could go check that out. We will have to decide what we want to do on Sunday. I was thinking that the so-cal guys could make the trip back down the coast and check out some of the cool beaches and places on the way down. Someone who know more about Pismo should let me know if I'm right about the camping situation, I've only been to Pismo once and I missed out on a camp site.

Edit( 1-21-08 ): How to reserve a campsite -
1. Go to reserveamerica.com
2. In the Park Name box Type "OCEANO DUNES SVRA"
3. Click on "Date Range"
4. Select the range you will be staying for people comming to the full meet it will be March 28 through March 30
5. In the "Length of Stay" Field put 2
6. Click "Search"
7. Click the hyperlink "OCEANO DUNES SVRA"
8. Click "Book Now"
9. Click "See Details"
10. Click "Book These Dates"
You will have to Sign up as a user. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

Edit( 1-22-08 ): Meeting Times!!! -
Friday and Saturday - We will meet in the parking lot at the end of Pier Ave (See Red Box in pic). On Both days we will meet at 10 A.M.. At 11 A.M. we are taking off to go wheeling. If you are on your way and think you are gonna be late on either day you can give me a call on my cell (949)370-4419. Once everyone on list below shows up we are going to take off, even if it's earlier than 11 so please make sure you are on the list. I also provided the nearest address to the parking lot in the photo below. Please PM me if you have any questions.

Sunday - As of right now I don't know of anyone who is planning on showing up on Sunday so I wasn't planning on having a meet time. Please PM me or give me a call on my cell (listed above) if you plan on showing up on Sunday.
[All Guys in So-Cal that want to meet up before hand and convoy up there I am going to make another thread of a meeting time. I will post a link to it once I have it made.]

Edit( 1-22-08 ): Communication -
I'm pretty sure most of us have cb's. If you dont, I recomend going to pick one up from walmart. I will bring my handheld radio in case someone is not able to get a cb, just so I can keep them in the loop. I plan on using channel 21 on the cb.

Here is the list of people who I believe are going. If you would like to be added to the list or taken off the list please send me a PM.
fleaofsc (Me)
baja_jay
oc_4_banger
pimpinblkfrontier
nizmut
mustard23
westco_justin
roastbeef
05se
classick
maqatak
xterra3100 (TheNewX.Org)
vman(TheNewX.Org)
mateothewombat (maybe)
deathbystereo (maybe)
hustoncs (Maybe for Saturday)

·
on line
191 Posts
I might have the sand out of my X by then. Key word "Might" right now my sand has sand.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Im gonna make this run! I had too much fun last weekend and hopefully the weather plays out to be a little warmer so i can convince the wife to camp out on the beach. This time though, no more salt water baths. Im actually in the process of siliconing all the electrical connector that i can see for future water crossings (no salt water though).

·
on line
853 Posts
XterraDude said:
BUMP for a great run my brother is hosting and unfortunately I will be in Canada that weekend. He is my identical twin so you can just pretend its me in a Red Frontier. :drunken:
I thought that red truck looked familiar. Hi Zack!

Jake is not kidding, unless they are sitting behind the wheel of their vehicles I can't tell them apart.

When are you guys coming along on an SCCX run again? Joshua Tree Jan 26-27.

·
on line
1,127 Posts
FrankB said:
XterraDude said:
BUMP for a great run my brother is hosting and unfortunately I will be in Canada that weekend. He is my identical twin so you can just pretend its me in a Red Frontier. :drunken:

Jake is not kidding, unless they are sitting behind the wheel of their vehicles I can't tell them apart.

Ohh man I would love to do Joshua Tree with you guys. I will be in San Francisco that weekend. If it was the following weekend I could at least meet up with you on Sunday. :(

·
on line
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FrankB said:
XterraDude said:

Aww... Unfortunately I can't make that one either, I'm trying to limit myself to one good sized run a month so that I don't have to take off that much work. I believe next month I will be going to Death Valley with some of the frontier guys. Do you think you can make it for the pismo run?

·
on line
704 Posts
Count me in. I should be able to come if I don't get shot in Sri Lanka in February :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts