Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
on line
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking for awhile and thought you guys might be help me out. I am looking at replacing the stock headunit on my 05 S with my pioneer single DIN unit from my truck. However, I don't have the metal mounting sleeve since I didn't need it to install in my truck, and I also lost the trim bezel since it wasn't needed either. I know there are a couple different manufacturers of the install adapters - I'm wondering if there is one that I can use that doesn't need the mounting sleeve or the trim ring. I called one stereo shop and they thought I needed the sleeve, but they were'nt sure and they didn't know where I could buy one. I tried searching and I noticed in MC's how-to that he mentioned you could probably use the brackets from the stock HU for a single DIN, but does anybody know for sure? Sorry for the long post - thanks guys!

·
on line
844 Posts
single din needs a sleeve almost always. you can get a replacement one for cheap, search ebay or call pioneer. worst case it'll cost you 15 bucks.

·
on line
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks dragon - so do you think I need a new trim bezel as well, or do you even need one with most of the install kits? From some of the pics it looks it would be a tight fit for the scosche kit, but maybe someone can tell me from experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts