Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
628 Posts
Are you saying that you have Red lights for your front turn signals? If so, that is highly illegal and unsafe. My former profession was as a deputy sheriff here in Nueces County (Corpus Christi) and this I can tell you is a sure ticket, with no mercy from the court. The law clearly states that there shall be no red light emitted from the front of a motor vehicle, so as not to confuse other drivers on the flow of traffic.

·
on line
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup, I read it from the book. You have to see it in person because that red light is INVISIBLE in the daylight, much less when the headlamp is on.

You can really only see it at night when the car is in park (what it's ment for)

the red turn signals are still amber because of the filter..it's just a darker amber.

We need to get together and do a little wheeling again. i found some trails on google earth that we can check out.

·
on line
628 Posts
shutterman0991 said:
the red turn signals are still amber because of the filter..it's just a darker amber.
Be advised: Texas Traffic Laws - Transportation Code 547.324 (d) A turn signal lamp shall admit: (1) a white or amber light, or a color between white and amber, if the lamp is mounted on the front of the vehicle.

I'm not trying to discredit your handy work, just would hate to see you getting in trouble for doing the wrong thing.

I'll have to get back to you on wheeling, I'm real swamped at work right now and have hardly any free time.

·
on line
4,495 Posts
Why would you even want it on constant when you drive? Especially if no one will ever see it. BTW, I've seen this done countless times. Its kinda cool at night when parked.

As far as the red turn signals, aslong as they appear to be amber. If it even remotely resembles red, your going to see red and blue flashing lights in your rear view mirror. Seriously, cops don't mess around when it comes to that.

I remember being your age, adding all sorts of knick knacks to my truck. Had strobes in the headlights, clear corners, blue headlights, interior neons/LEDs, the works. Then I realized I wasted a lot of money.... :)

·
on line
1,739 Posts
shutterman0991 said:
Alright, thanks. i have the handbook handy in my glove box. It still looks pretty amber but we'll see what happens.
So red = amber? :cyclopsani:

I've got a blinking red light in my rear right backing light following last week's break in. I wanted to put one in the front left head light area but wasn't willing to unseal the lens. I'll put a bright one on the dash.

The stock alarm works well enough there's just not an indicator to scarecrow idiots away from the truck - so they break an expensive window to rifle the glove compartment.

·
on line
707 Posts
Cool mod dude, but you are asking to be pulled over. Ticket or not you are drawing attention to yourself and the police don't even have to look for probable cause because you gave it to them. Just like a headlight or tail light out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts