Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I've come up with the following:

PRG Coilovers and TC UCA's up front.
AC revolver shackles and AC AAL in the rear.
I take it that I should replace the rear shocks as well...any suggestions?

Otherwise, I'll take comments, suggestions, etc on the rest of the setup.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
instead of the AC AAL, just get the deavers from prg, they're a great product.

also, bils 5125 for the rear (also from prg), and if you go to longer rear shock you'll need extended brake lines, which AC sells......and don't forget camber bolts if you don't have any, you'll likely need them.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
yes, you will need them if you do a leaf spring upgrade (AAL or deavers) AND a shackle upgrade, if you talk to greg @ prg and tell him what you are planning to do he can get you everything you need (he does not have extended brake lines or the revolver shackles thou, but he does carry an adjustable shackle)

·
on line
2,573 Posts
Creek

I'm running that setup for the exception of the shackles. I have DayStar shackles w/ Mini Deavers.

Love the way it rides both On and Off Road. If you do plan on getting a shrock front bumper and a winch I would suggest going with the 750lbs springs. Greg is great and knows his stuff.

Good luck with the lift.

Again if I'm in town I can lend a helping hand. Keith " Kokopop " also helped me install this lift.

After the install

At ECXC

Later

DaveP

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Hey DaveP, you need to update your avatar. I remember seeing a shot of your X that I think you posted for TOTM. I love that shot. Your rig looks stout dude.

·
on line
369 Posts
solid setup bro. thats exactly what i plan on doing when i have the money. except i'm going to replace the entire rear spring packs.
where are you getting your revolvers from? AC? are they still the only place to offer revolvers for the new X's?

·
on line
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was looking at getting the AC Revolver, but i have to talk to Greg because he supposedly has adjustable shackles. I'm hopefully ordering this tomorrow...that is, if I can get in touch with Greg.

I've ordered alot in the last two days...full Shrockworks setup, Gibson exhaust, volant intake, and BFG AT KO's 285/75/16. Lots of work to do over the next month or two, or three depending on Shrockworks.

·
on line
704 Posts
Hi,

Just curious, how much did this setup cost you? I have been looking for a suspension and I'll be end up buying from PRG some time in the future.

Thanks,

·
on line
500 Posts
Creek said:
$1680, but he said that price will go up once they get their website updated. When is that you may ask? I have no idea.
Congradulations... I'm so jealous.

Patrick

·
on line
704 Posts
That's a pretty good deal! I wonder if I should save some $$$ and get the Deavers + Shacke instead of Alcans + Shackle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts