Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took a "bucket list" run today just to get a few more off the list. I left my house at 6am on a Sunday morning. Got home about 4:30pm. Some pictures of what I saw today...

Jones Pass:

Rollins Pass West

Riflesight Notch Trestle:

A lot in view here. Right to left is Winter Park & Mary Jane ski areas, Riflesight Notch, & Berthoud Pass:

Yankee Doodle Lake:

Needle's Eye Tunnel (Kingston Peak in background):

Curved Trestle:

Straight Trestle:

A shot for those familiar with Boulder County trails; Sugarloaf Mountain is right center and Caribou Hill is just left of center:

Crowded parking at end of Boulder Wagon Road:

And some Aspen Colors to make it even better. :)

That's All Folks! :)

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you drive across that wooden deathtrap?
No. They've been closed since at least 1990. I (& NORAC) stand behind Tread Lightly and Stay The Trail principles absolutely. I drove the legally open trails and then hiked to where the pictures were taken. If I could legally drive on the trestle's, I would, and my X would be sitting smack in the middle of all those trestles! :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Rollins Pass is a blast. I don't think I could bring myself to drive across those trestles even if they were open. It was nerve wracking enough walking across them!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
That's a day trip away!
JEALOUS!!!!

·
on line
2,882 Posts
Beautiful pics Buddy!
Another place I'd like to see.
Old RR, mining and townsites are my favorite things to explore.

Dave

·
TNX Senior Member
533 Posts
Awesome pics! I've been meaning to get up there while the aspens are still changing. Maybe after I finish moving this week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts