Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, a bit of explanation. Today, we originally intended to install upwards of 500 feet of buck & rail fence in various places on one of NORAC's adopted trails Bunce School Road / T33 Plane Crash / Ironclads. The Forest Service was not able to obtain the materials in time and unfortunately let us know last minute. Being aware of a problem area on another groups adopted trail ( Middle St. Vrain / Coney Flats, adopted by Trail Ridge Runners) we decided (last minute) that we could change plans and go there instead, as we had a good group (18 rigs) of willing people already up there.

We split up into 3 groups. 1 went up T33. Another went up Middle Saint Vrain, and a 3rd went up Coney Flats from the southern side. The plan was that the MSV & CF groups would converge at the lake on top and attempt to block off the illegally created access points to the shallow lake. (Various OHV's had been going into the lake area late in the season, as it was mostly dry this late in the year. This area was never intended for OHV use, and Trail Ridge Runners had seen the abuse but had been unable to get up there recently.) Anyway, the MSV group was thwarted by too much snow at the CF cutoff and had to turn back. Our small CF group (5 rigs, 6 people) was able to make it there and at least put some debris in the way, suggesting that the lake was off-limits.

NORAC does all it can to abide by and support Tread Lightly and Stay-The-Trail principles and this was one of those efforts. :)

And now to the pictures:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Awesome! Those are some of my favorite trails, thanks for maintaining them!! I'm going to join NORAC in the spring, hope to get involved.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Any effort is better than none. Though I bet once the white stuff falls the people not in the know will assume 1 of 2 things...
1. Sweet jumps.
2. Sabotage of "trails"

Beautiful area! Looks like lots of fun.

·
TNX Senior Member / (NORAC) Club Moderator
388 Posts
Awesome! Those are some of my favorite trails, thanks for maintaining them!! I'm going to join NORAC in the spring, hope to get involved.
NORAC is holding their 1st meeting of 2016 at Chain Reaction Brewery on January 10th. Starts at 11:15 AM - 12:00 PM

Chain Reaction Brewery is loacted at 902 S Lipan St, Denver, CO 80223

Come join us and see what we are all about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts