Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to do a 2.5 inch Suspension lift on my X. Does anyone have a picture of their X with 2.5 inches of suspension list and stock tires? Thank you.

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
Stock tires with that much lift will look stupid.
My first X had 2" lift and 31" ATs and looked dumb.
If you can't afford tires and a lift, get the tires first. Or neither if you're that poor.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I have 2" lift and stock size tires, although the tires are Goodyear MTR Kevlars, which measure out at 32".

Have a look at my build thread (link below) for pics. I don't think it looks "stupid" and I'm not poor - I just felt that the 32" would work just fine. And, in my humble opinion, they do.

I'll be going up to 35" next, after body lift and some fender trimming. But none of this will happen until I have a different daily driver and my X becomes a trail-only rig.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I didn't mean aftermarket tires would look bad but the OP asked for "stock" tires
I didn't think your response was over the top, mate. You didn't use the words "stupid" or ask if the OP was "too poor" to do both lift & tires. Both were inflammatory and unnecessary, IMHO.

Your comment seemed like an honest attempt to help steer the OP in the right direction - and you were able to do so without coming across as an uber-opinionated a-hole. Other posters were less able to manage that.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
If you can't afford tires and a lift, get the tires first. Or neither if you're that poor.

Damn, those are some harsh and dare I say ignorant assumptions. This could be the question of an individual that is frugal because he needs to lift the front end with that hefty bumper going on and might as well just get the lift he wants and since the tires still have tread left there is no need to waste them. Then again I'm just assuming here too, at least I'm making friends while I'm at it.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Damn, those are some harsh and dare I say ignorant assumptions. This could be the question of an individual that is frugal because he needs to lift the front end with that hefty bumper going on and might as well just get the lift he wants and since the tires still have tread left there is no need to waste them. Then again I'm just assuming here too, at least I'm making friends while I'm at it.
Yep...

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
I have 2" lift and stock size tires, although the tires are Goodyear MTR Kevlars, which measure out at 32".

Have a look at my build thread (link below) for pics. I don't think it looks "stupid" and I'm not poor - I just felt that the 32" would work just fine. And, in my humble opinion, they do.

I'll be going up to 35" next, after body lift and some fender trimming. But none of this will happen until I have a different daily driver and my X becomes a trail-only rig.

Stock tires aren't 32", they're 31" for S trims.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
T-rex often makes harsh un necessary messages.....I don't get it. just not helpful

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
Well, since some people...who's initials rhyme with T-REXterra...apparently took your question to mean that you just wanted biased opinions and lack of facts, I'll provide you with pictures.

Here is my Xterra a while back. Running a PRG Advanced 4WD kit (ran between 2.5 and 3 inches) with 265/75R16 tires which is the stock size for the offroad models. Yes, these are mud terrains so they look a bit more aggressive, but you can see the amount of lift. It's really not that drastic and quite a few people on here have run the stock tires until they were worn out before buying new ones.

Even looks good with a shrock! :)

Anyway, enough showing off my truck:)
I think you'll be fine, but you can make your own decisions. You definitely aren't hurting anything so my advice would be to say F it and do what you want. Even if you think it looks a bit odd after the fact, you are still getting to do it in stages and you can buy tires later on.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
This is the only picture I have, sorry. This was with stock tires, 2.5 spacers in front and shackles in rear. Front didn't quite settle yet in pic as this was right after install. But you get the idea.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Stock tires aren't 32", they're 31" for S trims.

I'm aware of that, which is why I made a point of letting the OP know exactly what my tires measured. Was giving him a point of reference.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Well, since some people...who's initials rhyme with T-REXterra...apparently took your question to mean that you just wanted biased opinions and lack of facts, I'll provide you with pictures.
:laughing3:
Here is my Xterra a while back. Running a PRG Advanced 4WD kit (ran between 2.5 and 3 inches) with 265/75R16 tires which is the stock size for the offroad models. Yes, these are mud terrains so they look a bit more aggressive, but you can see the amount of lift. It's really not that drastic and quite a few people on here have run the stock tires until they were worn out before buying new ones.
I think your truck looks pretty sharp, mate!

·
Premium Member
9,953 Posts
This is about 2" lift with mostly worn out 265/70R16's

This is the same lift with 265/75R16's

This is about 2" in the front and about 2.5" in the back (added HD leaf to OME pack). Still 265/75R16
*edit - and 1.25" wheel spacers added

hope this helps

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Not 2.5'', but this is the before/after pics of my X -

Bone stock with awful X trim 31'' stock tires

After Nisstec 2'' suspension lift with 32'' ATs

Then moved up to 33'' ATs

When you do get the new tires, get the 33s off the bat, dont get the 32s and regret it

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you Germandude, this is exactly it. I plan on upping the tires, but not at this moment because they're still good tires. but with a shrock rear and hefty front, its time to get some more support. start adding kayaks, friends, gear and dogs, and the thing is bottoming out.

Thank you all for your pictures, they were exactly what I was looking for. I'll have pictures up when the bumper is on, and even more when the suspension gets put on.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts