Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
on line
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a pic or two of the spare wheel? I'm too lazy to actually detach it from the vehicle, but it appears to be black. Is the outer part of the wheel black as well?

I like the look of the FJ's with the black steel wheels and I thought it might be cool to get a set of five spare wheels for the whole vehicle -- assuming they're worthy of long-term use and don't look really bad (might have to do a photoshop first).

The idea would be to find four other OR owners who want matching spare wheels who'd be willing do a swap. This whole idea is probably a far stretch, but I couldn't find much after doing a search so I thought I'd poke around a bit...

D-Rock

·
on line
2,077 Posts
there are a few different spare wheels, there is a steel that come with the newest models, the standard X model steel wheel, and the alloy wheels like the S, OR, or SE models.

you could have any of the three types depending on year and trim package.

for example, i have an 06 S, but my spare was on X model steelie, i've since replaced it with another S model alloy wheel.

·
on line
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My X is an '07 OR. Any idea on what I've got underneath based on that?

The inner part of the non-spare wheels is silver, but the spare is black on the inner part and looks like a basic steel wheel. Are the regular X steel wheels black on the inside, or are these different?

D-Rock

·
on line
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Based on what I can see from underneath, that's got to be it.

Anyone interested in trading their OR spare for a regular OR rim?

I actually like the look of that spare more than I thought I would. Having a set of 5 would be pretty cool...

D-Rock

·
on line
1,716 Posts
D-Rock said:
Based on what I can see from underneath, that's got to be it.

Anyone interested in trading their OR spare for a regular OR rim?

I actually like the look of that spare more than I thought I would. Having a set of 5 would be pretty cool...

D-Rock
Sure...where are you located?

·
on line
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lonesome Crow said:
Hmm...that was just a feeler to see if there actually was any interest, but I suppose location would help now since obviously there is :).

I'm in Durham, NC. I guess if we decided to ship we'd each have to go spareless while the wheels are in transit.

Any thoughts on possibly doing the swap and keeping it practical for everyone?

D-Rock

·
on line
1,716 Posts
D-Rock said:
Lonesome Crow said:
Hmm...that was just a feeler to see if there actually was any interest, but I suppose location would help now since obviously there is :).

I'm in Durham, NC. I guess if we decided to ship we'd each have to go spareless while the wheels are in transit.

Any thoughts on possibly doing the swap and keeping it practical for everyone?

D-Rock
I guess we are a bit far from each other...OH well.

·
on line
564 Posts
I'll be heading out to MD in November...I'll swap with ya if you're still interested. I just bought 4 steelies from an X model off eBay for $98 (plus $100 shipping). I'll probably do the wheel paint mod on them in the future.

Rob

·
on line
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey all -- thanks for the responses so far.

I've been super busy and will probably put a lot of time into work over the next few months, so I don't know if I'll be able to realistically do this but I'm still interested if anyone else is.

A trip to Hickory (or halfway) for a swap will be do-able, but we'll have to get some more folks involved. Or maybe I could roll with 2 spares and two ORs?

I'll check back to this thread later on, but if anyone is interested feel free to post up...

D-Rock

·
on line
20 Posts
I like the look of the FJ's with the black steel wheels and I thought it might be cool to get a set of five spare wheels for the whole vehicle -- assuming they're worthy of long-term use and don't look really bad (might have to do a photoshop first).

D-Rock
I have had the same thought. Please post a pic when you get this done.:wave:

·
on line
2,044 Posts
while on the subject........mare sure you guys have a cable lock on that spare tire.... very easy to break the bracket that holds it in place.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts