Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Nisstec MKIII 3" kit installed and feels great.. I lost the little rake I had in the back. The front end is a lot taller than before.. and a little taller than the rear..
I have one more shackle level to place higher..if the shrockworks full bumper doesn't bring the front end down just a tad..
But overall I'm very pleased.. looks great and drives great.

Tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Tread
Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Synthetic rubber

· Registered
125 Posts
There is not much of a difference between your front and rear height.
How much stiffer is your rear suspension? Switching from 3+1 leafs to a full 6 leafs is probably enough to remove your rear sway bar to improve flex without being to wobbly.

· Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
There is not much of a difference between your front and rear height.
How much stiffer is your rear suspension? Switching from 3+1 leafs to a full 6 leafs is probably enough to remove your rear sway bar to improve flex without being to wobbly.
To be honest.. I thought the ride would be stiffer. - a little more solid... but its actually not.. Not sure how adjustable the shocks are...aside from height..
I do have a knock when I turn at times in the rear.. it was there before this install..
But overall.. I find it very good..I think I would have preferred a more rigid ride..

· Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
For a QC '07 you have surprisingly little rust. Great rustproofing. My rear fender wells are showing rust now... :(
Hey thanks.....my 2002 was even better...sold it in 2010..it looked brand new..bought it new
.and rust proofed annually...this '07 has skipped a year or two...but I do have rust in the rear door frames interior....
I did do a lot of repair too a few years ago...has stood up well...

· Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Great pictures! What camera did you use ?
Thank you...
Well believe it or not.. I had to go back and check the exif file because I couldn't remember. Looking back.. I recalled my main camera a Canon 5D original was with me but I didn't use it.. battery was dead even though they got charged..weird

anyhow.. so what you see here are pics with my Samsung phone S21... of course enhancements on PS5..
and I believe some of with my Go Pro 5 or 7..not sure which one I brought with me this day...
but 99% of my photos you see on my gallery or posts, are with my Canon 5D mark III 24-105L lens or 16-35L 2.8 lens
Just to say.. phone cams have a come a long way...the dynamic range of my phone.. (meaning proper exposure for sky and ground).. is better than my Canon...but I still prefer a nice dslr.

· Premium Member
18 Posts
Thank you...
Well believe it or not.. I had to go back and check the exif file because I couldn't remember. Looking back.. I recalled my main camera a Canon 5D original was with me but I didn't use it.. battery was dead even though they got charged..weird

anyhow.. so what you see here are pics with my Samsung phone S21... of course enhancements on PS5..
and I believe some of with my Go Pro 5 or 7..not sure which one I brought with me this day...
but 99% of my photos you see on my gallery or posts, are with my Canon 5D mark III 24-105L lens or 16-35L 2.8 lens
Just to say.. phone cams have a come a long way...the dynamic range of my phone.. (meaning proper exposure for sky and ground).. is better than my Canon...but I still prefer a nice dslr.
They definitely look great. I was thinking a dslr but great pics for a phone, enhancement and all.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts