Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be picking up a set of Piaas for my front bumper, however i am not a fan of the switch that comes with it. I shouldn't have to pick up a relay or anything like that as the lights come with everything.

Question is, can i use an aftermarket switch that fits our spaces (4x4 or the hella toyota) in place of the piaa switch? I'm thinking i can just yank the piaa switch off and connect the wires to the appropriate spot on the new switch, then just ground it to use the led.

sound ok, or am I way off track?

·
on line
3,262 Posts
yeah that wont be a problem... I have a set of piaas for my reverse lights. Thats the only thing i dont like about them, the wireing is all wrapped up and has strange connections. I basically cut out the relay, chunked the rest of the crap and then made all my own wireing. You should be fine.

·
on line
10,133 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
yeah that wont be a problem... I have a set of piaas for my reverse lights. Thats the only thing i dont like about them, the wireing is all wrapped up and has strange connections. I basically cut out the relay, chunked the rest of the crap and then made all my own wireing. You should be fine.
x2...exactly what i did

1 - 6 of 6 Posts