Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
2,072 Posts
don't ask why, just do it. There are tons of posts on here that tell you why, it's just plain easier.

·
on line
2,072 Posts
Ooops, just read my post, I kinda sound like I am on the XOC forumn. Not wanting to be so plunt, but if you look around, you will find tons of positive feedback on the factory fog light. They work great and the install is so easy.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
I dont see why it is not possible to use the stock harness but I think it would just be a lot easier to wire them completely independently. Even if you connect the lights to the harness, dont you need to worry about how the harness will connect to a switch?
Wiring them independently is not really hard at all and that way you can incoporate a cool looking switch into your console somewhere.

Just my two cents.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
I also dont know exactly where you plan on mounting them but you will be hard pressed to be able to mount them to the stock foglight holes in the bumper. No real mounting locating behind the plastic cover.

·
on line
106 Posts
I got the factory fog lights for my X and it was pretty darn easy to install and they work great!!

·
on line
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
arent the factory fog lights driving lights...i go snowboarding a lot and it gets really foggy sometimes and regular driving lights arent going to cut it. ill just wire them independently... thanks all for your feedback.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts