Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 417 Posts

·
NewX’er 4life
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Intro Comments: I wanted something more capable than a car that wouldn't fall apart driving on our deteriorating roads, especially in the Winter. I always enjoyed going off-road on FSR's or deactivated roads when I was working in Northern B.C. and decided I was going to get back into it with this Xterra. The mods have happened a LOT faster than I was prepared for haha!

Username: PhullD

Purchased: August 2015

Make: Nissan
Year: 2015
Model: Xterra
Trim: Pro-4X, 6MT "Limited" :laughing8:
Color: Super Black

October 20th, 2018

MODS

Armor:

Shrockworks Front bumper with flip plate
Shrockworks front skid
ARB Diff Cover
Black Widow Gear (BWG) aluminum tranny, t-case and gas tank skids
Hefty aluminum engine Skid
White Knuckle Sliders
Rear shock skids
Maxterra rear bumper

Lighting:
Lamin-X yellow fog light covers
Diode Dynamics XML2 fog lights
Two ARB type 9 inch 320w (27k Lumen) pods (front) with ARB Intensity (Amber) Lenses
AUXBeam X Series 22 inch light bar (rear)
Diode Dynamics Reverse LED's
LED pods in rear bumper
Two small LED bars on driver's side roof rack (install pending roof rack)

Misc. Exterior Mods:
Auxiliary Gas Tank (19gal)
Rear Hatch Adjustment Mod
X-tec Fender Flares
Smittybilt X2O 10,000lb Winch with Wireless Controller
Synthetic Winch Line
Diff Breather Mod
175lb Rear Hatch Struts
Daystar D-Ring isolators
Front window tint on pass and driver's sides (35%)
Tint strip on windshield (25%)
Maxterra Roof Rack

Interior/Electrical:
Maxterra rear cargo shelf
Fog Light Mod
Midland 75-822 CB Radio, heavy duty stud and Wilson 4ft flexy on the tire carrier
WeatherTech Floor Mats (front, second row and rear)
Nissan Navara illuminated shift knob
ABS Off mod
Replaced Interior Bulbs with LED's
Diode Dynamics Interior LED Kit (with one in center console)
BlackVue 650 2CH Front and Rear Cameras with Parking Module
Raingler Barrier Net
Raingler Grab Handles
Raingler Hatch Bag
Raingler custom ceiling net
Blue Sea 5026 ST panel
Blue Sea waterproof 90amp circuit breaker
Toyota 800 series switches in amber with ABS Off, Interior Lights, and Rear Lights
Clutch adjustment mod
ARB CKMA12 compressor
ARB inflation/adaptor kit
4Crawler 4-tire inflation/deflation kit
Redlinegoods extended leather shift boot
ARB Fridge/freezer 12volt plug
ARB 37qt Fridge/freezer with transit bag
Autometer gauge and transfer switch for auxiliary tank

Engine/Drivetrain:
Stock engine
Tom Woods double cardan driveshaft
Femco Quick Oil Drain
Rugged Rocks 180a alternator
Bully Dog 40417 GT
Airflow Snorkel
AEM high flow filter (for the cleanable aspect)
Added Nissan engine cover (should have come with IMO)
Re-geared to 4:56 (F*** YEAH!)

Suspension
1/2" strut spacers
SuperPro poly steering rack bushings
Titan LCA's
SPC Titan UCA's
Titan swap Radflo 2.5" with 650lb springs
Spare front shocks: 99-06 Tundra Bilstein 5100's (with 2 added snap ring grooves), Fj 633lb springs, custom strut mounts
Alcan springs +800lbs and 3" of lift
Rear Bilstein 5125's for 3-4" of lift
Bora 2" wheel spacers (rear)
2" AC body lift
Stainless front and rear extended brake lines
PRG Shackles
Timbren offroad bumpstops

Wheels and Tires Brakes:
(4 plus a spare on stock p4x rims) 315/75R16 BFG KO2's (great tire)
HAWK LTS pads all around

Removed or Sold:
265/75R16 Hankook Dynapro AT's on Steelies (Ok winter tire for road/mild offroad, wish it was tougher)
285/75R16 Khumo KL71 Road Venture M/T (Terrible, worst warranty and company, never buy these)
Diamond K400 Antenna Mount
Wilson 4' Antenna
Xterra SPC UCA's
Nisstec 2 inch lift top spacer with AAL
OME MD springs
Removed Rear Sway Bar
Removed Front Sway Bar
Raingler Rear Roof Net
Mud guards
Hella black magic lights
Volant Intake
OEM leaf pack and AAL
Hellwig EZ-550 helper springs
XTP Intake Manifold Spacer
Rex Rug Mod

On the Go:
Sliding shelf for fridge
Dual battery mod
RTT
Awning
Arb front locker

Future Plans:
Radflo 2.5" remote res rear shocks
Aux Water Tank
Patagonia MT's on level 8 tracker pros with internal beadlocks
Steel skids
Ham radio

PHOTOS

Snorkel

35's mounted July 4th, 2017:

Post T-swap June, 2017

Post BL May, 2017

Before BL March - April, 2017- OME springs on stock Bilsteins, spacers, AAL and PRG shackle.

Stock, Day 1 :)

I will post more as it progresses.

·
NewX’er 4life
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Here are some of the pics for the BlackVue 650GW 2CH dashcam I installed. Overall I would rate all the hardware and software for install and the power module an 8/10. The camera quality for regular roads with normal lighting is good, in variable lighting just ok (like in forests) and at night dependent on the amount of ambient light nearby.

The tap for power was an unused fuse spot.

Mounted it to the back of the glovebox. It looks a bit messy, but everything is bundled and tied, there is just so much extra wire, you could mount this in many places.

Power Magic module.

Some of the settings you can tinker with.

Front camera.

Diver's view.

Rear camera.

As you can see the wire was fed up through the headliner so it is all hidden. It was a good hour long job feeding it through. In some places the anxiety of breaking the clips was definitely there particularly at the pillar columns where they meet the headliner, and you need to be careful how you feed the wire in the front pillar due to airbags.

·
NewX’er 4life
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice truck... at one point our trucks were identical. Those pictures look like you had some fun.
Thanks, yours is coming along as well haha! The diff breather is really a 10min job FYI, I saw you have been meaning to do it. Just get that Titan breather valve and some 7-8ft of hose and a few zip ties.

·
NewX’er 4life
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ordered two heated seat switches to retrofit for the light bar (only using one). The light bar has two switches (one for DRL and one for the main bar). I didn't really like the aftermarket options and did not want to run two switches. The heated seat switch is a 3 position switch, middle is off, upper is both circuits on, bottom is only one circuit on. It has 6 prongs, two are the power and ground that taps the dash light circuit to dim like the rest of your switches, the other 4 are the two circuits mentioned. I found some rocker switch labels to cover the seat symbol. I will scratch it to maximize the light then cover it with the switch label. Should look almost stock. Plus I will have an extra 3 position switch for future projects.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Ordered two heated seat switches to retrofit for the light bar (only using one). The light bar has two switches (one for DRL and one for the main bar). I didn't really like the aftermarket options and did not want to run two switches. The heated seat switch is a 3 position switch, middle is off, upper is both circuits on, bottom is only one circuit on. It has 6 prongs, two are the power and ground that taps the dash light circuit to dim like the rest of your switches, the other 4 are the two circuits mentioned. I found some rocker switch labels to cover the seat symbol. I will scratch it to maximize the light then cover it with the switch label. Should look almost stock. Plus I will have an extra 3 position switch for future projects.
Did the same on my '08. It was only a 2 position switch that I pulled from a junk yard. Looked pretty sweet.
here is the old thread:
http://www.thenewx.org/forum/15-how-tos/9917-how-stealth-switches.html
Some of the photos don't work anymore, but here is the only one left.

·
TNX Veteran
3,618 Posts
This is stock with the front sway bar on. I got some SPC's and a lift kit for next year. I wonder how much extra I will get out of the front.
I believe stock is like 5.6" and the Extended coilovers with SPC (what I have now) is like 7". Taking the swaybar off makes a pretty big difference for it. Too bad it is so hard to get good pics of IFS flex, I'd like to see a "before and after"

1 - 20 of 417 Posts