Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to paint the front grill, etc.. the same color as the X (granite) but don't want to put it on there and then it look like Sh**. Anyone have photoshop skills that can chop up a pic for me???? Thanks in advance

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOOHOO well here we go, I may need to do these during the day because already somewhat look like the same color, but here we go. I just want to see what it would look like in black or granite color. Again, thanks for all of your help and if we need to get daytime photos, I can get that too

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
xEDGEx said:
yeah a daylight shot will give you the best idea of how it will look. Maybe post a front and front 3/4

Anyway here's a quick black version (since it already looks granite in that lighting)..
Hey that looks pretty good, but just from that I can already tell I'm gonna use granite. If I had black, it wouldn't let the car flow, too many colors would be jumbling up, granite hood, black grill, gray bumper. Now, what I could do, is duplicolor the bumper AND grill black, that has more flow. Anywho, you did a great job, and I'll see if I can get more pics. I still haven't deceided if I'm gonna paint the wheels black or granite either :laughing6:

·
on line
360 Posts
yeah, just having the grill black may look a bit off, but some black wheels may tie it together.. and black sliders and front bumper wouldn't hurt either. Post a front 3/4 and let's see what we can do :)

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I need to get the pins to put back in, I got this rack for $75 (yak) used, but it is missing the pins for the middle part. I think it's probably also bending cause it has a 33 in tire on there

·
on line
360 Posts
here's a quick version of the side. I did the daytime grill yesterday at work but forgot to upload them.. will try to post em tomorrow.

As far as photoshop goes, I use the pen tool to create "paths" for this kind of stuff. That way I can really fine tune the outlines without worrying about loosing my selection set. Use the eyedropper to grab the colors you want, apply the color to your selection in a unique layer and try the different layer blending options (ie soft light, hard light, overlay, etc) to see how looks applied to your original photo. You may need to stack a couple of them at various opacities, blend properties, contrasts, hues and such to get it looking right

·
on line
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Edge, wow man, thanks for all of your help with this, and the little tutorial. I'm gonna try tonight to get it with granite wheels and if I can, I'll post. Again, it looks great and thank you for your time with this.

·
on line
360 Posts
No problem at all man, it only took a few minutes per shot. Just holler if you need a hand.

here are those grill mockups:

(cool!!!)

(looks odd by itself, but could be awesome with a shrockworks black bumper ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts