Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '11 X, with the integrated radio.There is a round button near the radio with phone handset symbols on it. I can find no documentation on it. What does it do? I am going to replace the radio and I don't think there is any function for it in the new radio, as far as i can tell, it doesn't do anything now either.
Thank you

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Video shares a 2012 Nissan, but relevant info is shared

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The video documents the bluetooth feature, voice activation, and the steering wheel controls. My Xterra does not have this option.
This button:
Car Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I have an '11 X, with the integrated radio.There is a round button near the radio with phone handset symbols on it. I can find no documentation on it. What does it do? I am going to replace the radio and I don't think there is any function for it in the new radio, as far as i can tell, it doesn't do anything now either.
Thank you
The video documents the bluetooth feature, voice activation, and the steering wheel controls. My Xterra does not have this option.
This button:
View attachment 141737
I have an '11 also, and that is not stock. I wonder if someone didn't put in a later radio.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, radio is stock, matches manual totally, except for the button. But there are some wires bundled beneath the dash I could not identify when I was looking for a spot for the brake controller. Wondering if radio was reinstalled, or had a hardwired cell phone. Thought 2011 would have been too new for that technology. Time to open it up, and look around back there. Thanks for confirming its not Nissan. That was driving me crazy, because it looks quite proper.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update.
The extra button is hooked up to a black box marked BTHFMOD. It adds bluetooth to factory radio. Now to disentangle connections to factory power and speakers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts