Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2006 OR
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a cell phone holder that works particularly well with the X dash? Mounting locations are so limited, and I'm not thrilled about blocking an air vent in summertime AZ...

I'm using a Note 8, so it's a fairly large obstruction in any case.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just used a super low profile sticky pad. Found one on Amazon for cheap. When you're not using it, just put the little ridged pad over it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
I just used a super low profile sticky pad. Found one on Amazon for cheap. When you're not using it, just put the little ridged pad over it

Is there a cell phone holder that works particularly well with the X dash? Mounting locations are so limited, and I'm not thrilled about blocking an air vent in summertime AZ...

I'm using a Note 8, so it's a fairly large obstruction in any case.

I used to use this one, was a 5 Below purchase, sticky things tend to not stay for me, bad saliva?? But now went to a clampstick

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H4RWCP4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Premium Member
932 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
@JEMZ You could probably make that into a kit a sell them because so many people have the pop things...
haha well, Popsocket makes their own holders now, which sale for just a few bucks. And you can find gopro mounts pretty much everywhere these days. I Happen to know a couple of the guys that started Popsocket and got a couple to try in the early days before they had their own mounts, reason why I made/3d printed one. I haven't looked it up, but you can probably get this for about $10 after sourcing parts.

·
Registered
826 Posts
After final designing, materials and production, you'd probably end up in the hole only by a few thousand!

Yes folks, come to me for all your retirement and investment advices.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a ProClip phone mount and a Brodit mount holder. Solid as a rock.

·
Registered
2006 OR
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to everyone who took the time to offer solutions. I have to read more carefully, but the one that catches my attention uses the little patch of dash down below + well nuts. This is AZ, and even though the simplicity of the mirror bracket and the top dash sticky pad are much easier to install, anything you put up there is going to fry.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Thanks to everyone who took the time to offer solutions. I have to read more carefully, but the one that catches my attention uses the little patch of dash down below + well nuts. This is AZ, and even though the simplicity of the mirror bracket and the top dash sticky pad are much easier to install, anything you put up there is going to fry.
As long as you’re not leaving your photo up there while parked you’d probably be ok with a dash mount. At any rate here’s my mount. It’s a handlebar accessory rack modified to fit the tray and a Spigen Kruel mount also modified. I can also expand it to hold a tablet while adventuring.

·
Registered
70 Posts
It's a Kenwood DDX9705. It's been great and very convenient. Got it for the capacitive screen and wireless Android/Carplay. I don't have an iPhone, but the wireless Android works really great, especially with the wireless charging dock. I think it's been discontinued but you can still find them pretty cheap @ $350.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I found a little rubber mat holder thingy that perfectly fits the tray on the dash. Very secure with the phone.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Not all stores have such a plan for a phone holder. For my Samsung A71 I ordered a holder in Gadget Guide India. By the way, I was shocked by the price. It is almost twice as low as in an electronic store near my home. Once again I make sure that in all stores products come with a mark-up. Therefore, it is much better to order everything online. Beginning with electrical engineering to clothing. I used to get distracted to find where my phone was. Now I don't get distracted by calls and the navigator. My phone is always in front of me. It's very convenient.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts