Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Looks amazing! Go slow and scout before you commit. We've had our X for a couple of years and have taken her all over CO and eastern UT. Let's just say she's a mountain goat and FAR more capable than her driver!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Will do!

And for anyone who cares to read, I just edited the original post to break down the Mod List :)

·
on line
157 Posts
Hey man, your rig looks great! Are you getting any CBC with this lift and the stock UCAs? I'm curious because I do get contact when a wheel drops quickly, and I've got the stock coilovers/UCAs with a 2" spacer. Thanks for sharing your build!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hey man, your rig looks great! Are you getting any CBC with this lift and the stock UCAs? I'm curious because I do get contact when a wheel drops quickly, and I've got the stock coilovers/UCAs with a 2" spacer. Thanks for sharing your build!
Thanks! Nope, no noise at all that I can hear.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Logos

So, I'm thinking about adding my Race Team logo to the side of the X. Here are some basic renderings with 4 different styles, from the least offensive to the most offensive, haha.

Whatcha think?

Stock Style:

A little bolder than Stock Style:

Full Side:

Side Slant overlapping rear window:

I was inclined to go with the first one, but the second one sets your eye line higher, making the vehicle look taller overall, which I like.

I also like the last one, but may be a bit much...and the part on the window may be hard to match.

#1, #2, #3, or #4...what say you?

:)

- Paul

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
#2 catches my eyes as well if you want to go subtle but #3 is a perfect match for the size of the truck.. and if you're planning to add more stickers down the road. I would ultimately go with #3.

·
Registered
185 Posts
If 1 or 2 put it on a fender, it doesn't fit the truck. 3 looks good, fits the truck's proportions better and looks kinda GI Joe! I dig 4 and I don't usually like big splashy graphics. I was just looking at some used Raptors to replace my old truck and I HATE the giant graphics too many of them sport.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
1 and 2 seem too small if your advertising your team logo. 3 is definitely eye catching and a good fit but I do like 4, it really grabs your attention. LOL

·
on line
157 Posts
#1 - nice and subtle, might work well with additional decals on the front/rear window or something. Seems good for a "cleaner" look
#2 - definitely not, too big to be subtle, too little to be seen/recognizable from any distance
#3 - I like it the best so far, seems to fit the flow of the X's lines well, also looks more like military style since that's kinda what you're going for.
#4 - It works, but I feel like it's makes the aesthetics off balance, like the front side of the front door needs something to even the look out.

·
Registered
185 Posts
C'mon now, like you didn't rip those boxes open like Christmas morning 1983 and you're hunting for your Nintendo!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
C'mon now, like you didn't rip those boxes open like Christmas morning 1983 and you're hunting for your Nintendo!

LoL! I wanted to, but I figured I'd just leave them as-is and just load them up when I get notified my rock sliders are done, haha.

Which Knuckle Offroad is like 2 1/2 hours from me, so instead of paying $$$ for shipping, they know of a fab shop nearby, so I'll I'll just bring the skids with me and have them install everything at the same time :)

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I would open up those boxes just to check if everything got delivered correctly. The last thing you want is to have the wrong parts or missing parts when you go to install it.. just sayin’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Mod #6a Armor finally installed, Part 1

So for protection, I went with White Knuckle Off Road Rock Sliders, and the Hefty Fabworks Full Aluminum Skid Plate Package.

The White Knuckle Off Road Rock Sliders offered everything I wanted (sleek look, solid build, nice angle, and the bump out in the back goes great with the lines of the Xterra). Man these things are SOLID. They use 4 factory holes in the frame, and 6 more you have to drill that use self tapping screws. Install was a snap, but did take a little while because you have to do each side twice. You basically get it into position and either lock it down with C-clamps and Jacks, and/or use the factory 4 mounting holes. We used the 4 factory mounting holes in the frame, and 2 floor jacks. Once in place, you position the slider where you want it and mark the 6 holes you have to drill. Remove the slider, then drill and tap the holes with the provided self tapping screws. The drilling was a tedious process. Started with a center punch, then a 1/8 bit, then 1/4 bit, then the final size bit. Then run the self tapping screw down with an impact, and remove. Do that for all 6 holes. Reinstall the slider and bolt it all up. Rinse and repeat on the other side.

Took a few hours, but it was well worth it. Love the look of these!

IMAG9605.jpg

IMAG9616.jpg

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Mod #6b Armor finally installed, Part 2

The second part of my protection plan was to install a set of skid plates.

I went with the Hefty Fabworks Full Aluminum Skid Plate Package, because it was the only set I could find that offered full protection in Aluminum that's still readily available. These took a few hours as well, but it was pretty straight forward. They have you start at the back with the Gas Tank skid plate, then work your way forward with the T-Case, Transmission, Engine, and finally the Radiator skid plates, respectively. Hardware was all provided, and instructions were spot on. Since Hefty Fabworks has the installation hardware all under tension to help prevent backing out, we got everything in place first and loosely bolted up before we locked it all down, to ensure all bolts would go in their respective holes. I feel this set offers the strength I want with a significant weight savings, and I"m really happy with the end result. We only had one snag...the Gas Tank Skid didn't play nice with one of the surfaces on the frame, because the White Knuckle Off Road slider was already mounted there. Not to worry, we just cut a notch for the skid to make friends with the slider, and it looks like factory.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Man I love seeing new parts getting installed on the X. The sliders look like perfection and the skids looks hefty and well made. Thanks for sharing!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts