Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I bought the nissan barrier yesterday, got home and found out that I don't have any hooks above ther rear seat! I only have hooks by the back (2) and on the sides (1 by each window). I also don't have the little sliding hooks in the floor (which hardly matters because I have the trunk mat and they couldn't be used together anyway)!

I have on 05 OR, any ideas on why I don't have the hooks in the roof? I could probably rig something for the floor, but the roof has me stumped.

So, do I just take it back, or does anyone have anouther sugestion?

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: No, you don't have hooks, but--

--

--You should have a folding handle, on each side, just above the rear of the window--

--These handles have MANY uses !!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
331 Posts
you can hook the floor hooks into the back of the seats.

·
on line
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any ideas for the roof? The handles are quite a bit farther forward then the hooks would be. I tried last night, and I'd have to rig up something to support the barrier because the angle creates to large of a gap on the sides.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Thats why I showed the (old) picture of my rope--

--It's STRUNG between the two handles, you might try a short bungee cord on either side, to secure the upper part of the barrier !!!

hybridpower said:
Any ideas for the roof? The handles are quite a bit farther forward then the hooks would be. I tried last night, and I'd have to rig up something to support the barrier because the angle creates to large of a gap on the sides.
--I'm sorry, I don't know the size of that barrier, I've only used the RAINGLER nets and the yellow ropes for my cargo securing--

--Good luck--JIMBO

·
on line
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:blob: I chose this little bouncing dude to best symbolize what my dogs look like in the rearview mirror. Thanks for the help guys, have a great weekend.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Have I got a deal for you, on--

---------------------SHOCKS--------------------

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice! That is exactly what I needed! Thanks!

LOL, and yes, I do need shocks in the back! I have anouther post about that in the suspension forum.

·
on line
59 Posts
In addition to the pic/explanation that marzterra pointed you to, I stumbled on the actual instructions. There are suppose to be two loops on the barrier that you secure to the metal headrest extensions from the back seat. That'll keep it from billowing out into the cargo/pet area.

TTx

·
on line
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did get it installed, I couldn't believe how easly it was once I un-fogged my brain! I was thinking there should be hooks over the seat (where the little plastic tabs are), it didn't occur to me that it would be that slanted. I ended up taking it back anyway, it kept my boxer in the back, but my girlfriends puggle climbed right through the sides.

·
on line
874 Posts
it was never ment for a puggle...

·
on line
384 Posts
hybridpower said:
I also don't have the little sliding hooks in the floor (which hardly matters because I have the trunk mat and they couldn't be used together anyway)!
As long as you don't want to move them, you can have the floor mat installed and use the sliding hooks. I simply cut a small slit in the mat and pushed the threaded part through the mat and then reattached the piece that goes in the rail. That way I can use the cargo net across the back with the floor mat in there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts