Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Intro Comments: Check out my Titan Swap build thread.

Username: PerpetualDynamism

Make: Nissan
Year: 2012
Model: Xterra
Trim: Pro-4X
Color: Brilliant Silver

Exterior:
Custom CB Antenna Mount, 3' Firestik II
Firestik Heavy Duty Antenna Spring
Firestik Quick Disconnect K-1A
48" Cast/Steel Hi-Lift on 2-3" Hi-Lift tube mounts
Shrockworks Flip-up License Plate
Welded in new weldnuts for bottom front bumper mounts (spun 2 of 4 original ones out!)
Backup CB Antenna - RoadPro RP-707 Magnetic CB Antenna - see my review here
Cut the front fenders back

Interior:
Midland 1001LWX CB Radio
Cobra HH 38 WXST Handheld CB Radio
RoadPro RPSP-15 External CB Speaker under dashboard
Rear door squeak fix (removed inside panel!)
Custom tablet mount for off-grid navigation

Electrical:
Duralast Platinum AGM Battery (Group size 24F)
CarQuest Remanufactured Alternator
AntennaX Off-Road Antenna

Armor:
Hefty Fabworks Front bumper - customized for Hawse Fairlead
MaXterra Rear Bumper in Silver Vein
Hefty Fabworks Rock Sliders w/ Tread Plate[/URL]
Hefty Fabworks Radiator Skid
Hefty Fabworks Engine Skid
Hefty Fabworks Transmission Skid
Hefty Fabworks Transfer Case Skid
Hefty Fabworks Gas Tank Skid
Shrockworks D44 Rear Diff Cover

Suspension:
SAW's with external reservoirs (TS Height)
PRG UCA's
Nissan Titan LCA's
PRG U-Bolt Flip Kit
PRG Alignment Cam Bolts
RPG Rear brakeline bracket
Radflo 2.0 Emulsion shocks for rear (21-22" length)
Custom Alcan Leaf Pack, 4" lift, 450lb
Rubicon Express RE1483 Center Pins
MOOG Titan Tie Rods (inner and outer)
Custom boxed and beefier lower shock mounts
Custom rear axle bumpstop extensions (1")

Driveline:
M205 from Infiniti QX56 (3.357 gearing)
OEM Titan Halfaxles (actually from Infiniti QX56)
Motorsport Technology 2" wheel adapters for rear wheels, 6 lug x 4.5", M12x1.25 studs, lug centric and wheel centering ring
Rear diff breather

Tires:
5x 285/75R16 Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's (spare in stock location)

Recovery Gear:
Smittybilt X20 10k Comp Series Winch
Dragline Offroad 100' 5/16" winchline, with drumline, no shackle
Warn Winch Hook (Part# 92090)
Tetrax Hi-Lift tube adapter
ARB 10' Tree Protector
ARB 24K Snatch Strap
Smittybilt snatch block
Badlands Wireless Winch Controller

Trail Gear:
VIAIR 400P-RV
2x 25ft Polyurethane Coiled Air Hose
Mechanix Wear M-Pact Gloves
Fire Extinguisher
4 x clevis shackles w/ Daystar isolators
Trailhead Tire Deflators set to 18 psi
Smittybilt trail gear bag
Collapsible shovel from military surplus
Improved First Aid kit
Jumper cables
ARB Speedy Seal tire repair kit
7 to 4 pin trailer harness adapter
Small socket set
Off-Road Commode! (Google it)

Removed:
OEM Mudflaps
OEM Front tow hook
OEM Swaybars front and rear

Replaced:
R180 Differential (3.357 gears)
SAW Extended Axles (TS length, from PRG)
Stubby Antenna (poor reception)
Rugged Rocks High Output Alternator
Duracell 34R AGM
OEM Front Bumper
OEM Rear Bumper
OEM Skidplates
OEM LCA’s
OEM UCA’s
OEM Front Coilovers (Bilstein)
OEM Halfshafts
OEM U-bolts
OEM Leaf Springs
OEM Rear Bilstein Shocks

Projects on the Radar:
Custom wiring at battery

Photos:
Stock

Stock Bumper

maXTERRA Bumper Installed

Titan Swap and Winch/Bumper Installed

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

My fiance is trying to convince me we should get a new front bumper ASAP. I was planning on doing it the same time as I did a suspension lift because I was under the impression that a Hefty or Shrock style bumper on the stock springs would just lead to front end sag and wear stuff out faster. Anyways, the armor is my insurance, the next step is things to enhance performance!

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Thanks!

My fiance is trying to convince me we should get a new front bumper ASAP. I was planning on doing it the same time as I did a suspension lift because I was under the impression that a Hefty or Shrock style bumper on the stock springs would just lead to front end sag and wear stuff out faster. Anyways, the armor is my insurance, the next step is things to enhance performance!

Ur fiance SUPPORTS??????. U spending money on ur truck?.....ur living the dream there!!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thought I could add some pics of parts coming in. The Hefty front bumper came in last week. Here's a pic of it on the pallet. This packaging was really spectacular!

And here are the Mickey Thompson ATZP3's, well the 3 that were delivered today. Apparently the other 2 didn't make it through our recent storm... hopefully they'll come tomorrow! Oh, and these look huge and super aggressive in person!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In addition to the parts that have come in recently for my Titan Swap I also received some new trail gear (Smittybilt bag, Tree Saver, Smittybilt Snatch Block). Also, today I received my Smittybilt winch, and according to the tracking number my Dragline Offroad winchline should be here tomorrow!

Here's the crappy cell phone pic of the winch in the box. I plan on clocking the end and then mounting it in the bumper soon, maybe this weekend. But still wont install it until all of the TS is installed.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just updated my TS build thread but thought I'd add here too. Long story short we started the TS this weekend and a local shop is finishing it, supposed to be done tomorrow. We did get the bumper installed too, but need to finish the wiring for the winch in the coming weeks which will require unbolting it briefly. That being said most of the work regarding the bumper was in cutting bolts and drilling holes to retrieve busted weldnuts, so that work will not need to be repeated!

Anyways, can't wait til I get the X back tomorrow, 4-1/2" taller than I last saw it!!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Titan swap and bumper/winch installed! I'll have to drop the bumper in a weekend or two to go back in and do the winch wiring, but this is my new ride!

In addition to that good news I also got my winch hook today, and just got a shipping notice from UPS, my Shrock diff cover and flip up license plate mount are on their way and will be delivered 3/31!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So a few new updates. Installed the Shrock diff cover and flip up license plate mounts. Also installed the new (shorter) shocks. I added a hole in the bottom of the license plate mount to go to a mounting hole on the bottom of the license (added 2 but the 2nd bottom bolt would have rubbed on the winch rope).

Also, I removed the bumper to wire up the winch, and when tightening it back on one of the bottom frame nuts inside the frame broke loose. This was the same side as the one that was loose when we went to take off the bumper in the first place. I checked out how the Hefty bumper frame brackets are attached to the frame and decided it really was important to have those 2 bottom bolts. So I took my truck over to a shop and had them remove all 4 of the bottom frame weld nuts inside the frame and weld on new weld nuts in their place. I did this partially because I know Nissan likes to drop the radiator skid whenever they do the oil change, so those bolts come out frequently. While at the shop I also had them replace the broken weld nuts holding the bottom of the skid too because those had popped out a while ago.

Anyways, here are some pics. My next projects are to figure out if I need to upgrade to the M205 and install the AGM battery and redo all the wiring around the battery.

Shrock diff skid

Shrock Flip-up license plate

New Radflo Emulsion Shock, 21-22" length

New frame weld nuts

New frame weld nuts up close

1 - 20 of 78 Posts