Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay well i was going to get new lights for my X but instead of spending money on that i want to start on the performance parts is there really any difference in cai's? if so which one is the best and same thing regarding the muffler i really want more horsepower and a MEAN SOUND (loud is GOOD)!!!!!!!!! ever since i got my new set of wheels on the boost has dropped a bit. and also are there any other mods that will give me more hp and where to find them :bounce:

·
on line
44 Posts
other than intake/exhaust look into the WRP crank pulley and intake manifold spacer. i have both nd it really brought my x to life. i am running a airaid intke and gibson exhaust and can't be happier. if you want a louder exhaust you'll have to go custom. you can find the WRP on here or @ clubfrontier. Will who makes the products is a member of both sites.

·
on line
1,792 Posts
A version of this thread ran recently. Nothing against other units, but Volant is the favorite here, I think, overall.

I, for one, have a Volant and can't praise it enough. They enclose the filter entirely, and use two separate intake points. Sounds sweet, too.

·
on line
97 Posts
I also recomend the Volant. I just got mine and installed it and it rocks! Nice sound, better throttle response after 2K RPM and from what I hear, should yeild better MPG (If I can control my urge to romp on the gas to make it purr :)

·
on line
3,262 Posts
My vote is for you to get a supercharger!!!

Am I going to be the only person on here to have a supercharger or what??

Anyway, the only other suggestion that hasnt been made is headders. I have the JBA headders, along with alot of other do-dads... so I dont really know what sort of performance gains you can get from them, but I love my total package.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
I say do a volant intake, JBA headers, upgraded Y pipe, Good cat back exhaust, WRP IMS, WRP Crank pulley... Or like Eddo suggested, supercharge that Bi*** :D

·
on line
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well the supercharger idea sounds sweet but how much and where can i get it? Doesnt it void your warranty? what should i tell the muffler shop exactly regarding the y pipes? im thinking ima go with the duals like shadows if possible here in texas. it all really depends on how well the supercharger will perform and maintain?

·
on line
1,208 Posts
I have the magnaflow and dont have any problems with it.

Volant for the CAI. Go take a look at eddos thread about his Supercharger if you have some questions about it; there is tons of information that he put up and some pics and videos of it. Its sweet.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts