Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I saw a thread where someone replaced the bag with a Pelican case, but I can't find it for the life of me. I did some searches, but they always lead me to some other project and I get lost on the forum for hours and it really hurts my productivity at work :drunken:

Does anyone recall what size fits in there?

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know which one your talking about as well, it is a yellow case next to a hatchet. The search feature on this forum is not a strong search engine compared to other forums I used to use.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was it, thanks.

Now, how did you find it, what search terms?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to both of you. I could swear I searched Pelican First Aid Kit, but now I see that other option in thread for the softside one and I think I like that better!

You guys are awesome! :notworthy:

Of course my wallet is getting thinner and thinner every day thanks to joining up here :iconbiggrin:

·
Premium Member
22,508 Posts
I know I saw a thread where someone replaced the bag with a Pelican case, but I can't find it for the life of me. I did some searches, but they always lead me to some other project and I get lost on the forum for hours and it really hurts my productivity at work :drunken:

Does anyone recall what size fits in there?

Thanks
Might have been mine. Details on the case # and pics here: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=58869

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
22,508 Posts
Yep, that was it. I had read through your whole build thread. I'm ordering one of those tomorrow.
How do you still like it?

Thanks
Love the case, but the added weight busted the plastic clips that holds the panel tight, so now the panel is a little loose and squeaks. I need to take some time to fab up a way to hold the panel tight again.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Love the case, but the added weight busted the plastic clips that holds the panel tight, so now the panel is a little loose and squeaks. I need to take some time to fab up a way to hold the panel tight again.
Good point, I'll take a look at how well mine looks.

Thanks

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The case itself isnt too heavy, its just that I packed mine as tight as I could with a ton of stuff.
I'm just going to carry a 1/5 of whiskey and some bandages. Should take care of most anything I run into :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
I like the case too, but just the weight of the standard kit causes my rear panel to pop loose about half the time when I close the hatch (and I don't think slam it that hard) causing that annoying squeak. I've just given up and put the kit in one of the side pockets.

I think the rear panel needs to be hard bolted to the hatch.

·
Banned
4,806 Posts
I like the case too, but just the weight of the standard kit causes my rear panel to pop loose about half the time when I close the hatch (and I don't think slam it that hard) causing that annoying squeak. I've just given up and put the kit in one of the side pockets.

I think the rear panel needs to be hard bolted to the hatch.
Eventually ill replace it with a piece of aluminum and bolt whatever I feel like to it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
22,508 Posts
Eventually ill replace it with a piece of aluminum and bolt whatever I feel like to it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post up when you do. I've seen it done quite nicely on a lot of Land Rovers, and Troopers but they open sideways.
For example, I saw this at the last British Field meet Clicky link that BakerX05 and I attended.. Stove kitchen sink and all!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts