Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rubber foot pads on all three of my pedals are toast. Has anyone installed after market pedals? If you have, what brand did you go with?
I can't be the only X owner with this problem.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Mmmm thats odd that they are already toast... How many miles are on them?

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: I would have to guess that you drive in FOOTBALL CLEATS !!!!

--Mine still have the dealers ink on them (hehehe)--

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
1,667 Posts
ive been thinking about making a dead pedal out of stainless but not any other pedals cause i dont want to be responsible for malfunction situations.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
I only have 15k on my X but the pedals still look new.

To answer your question. I haven't heard of anyone getting new pedals, but thats not to say someone hasn't.

·
on line
191 Posts
The pads on my pedals have fallen off a couple of times. Not worn out though...interesting quandry.

·
on line
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have about 22K on my X, and the one that is worn out the most is my clutch pad. It is not worn through to the point where you see the metal, but it is worn enough that the pad is slick smooth. My foot slips from time and time, and the last thing I need is to blow out my clutch because of a rubber pad. Thanks for the feedback, and I will check out the Nismo website. Cheers.

·
on line
735 Posts
A car buyers trick is to look at the corner/ bottom edge of the brake pedal to see how worn down it is. If it is nearly to the metal, that car was driven 200k+ miles. about a 1/3 worn is probably 70k miles. Anyways, this used to be important because the old school odometers only went to 99,999 before the turned over back to zero.

In your case, order spares from nissan or rip that garbage off and put skateboard grip tape on them.

·
on line
113 Posts
+1 on the grip tape or you can get some non skid paint from a boat supply store or from a paint store that sells industrial coatings.

·
on line
4,593 Posts
get some non skid paint from a boat supply store or from a paint store that sells industrial coatings.

What?! No one said Rhino-liner?!

:D

·
on line
352 Posts
In my past expieriance with After Market "Fancy" pedals as I call the, has sucked! Most of them have 4 clips that grab the back and are tightened down. Not fun when your cruising through town and the things fall of, which for me they did frequently. Thats just my expieriance though.

·
on line
145 Posts
An old Landrover trick is to use a welder to add stipple the pedal surface. Just don't drive with bare feet. When you go to sell the vehicle grind it smooth and put a new pedal rubber on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts