Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the width and look of the Pathfinder's step rails. I was wondering if anyone who does bodywork can answer a few questions. I know that the Pathy's step rails would probably be too long for the X. So, I was thinking about purchasing a set. Then, cut the step rails in half a modify then to fit for the X and relocate the mounting points. The step rails are made of what seems to be ABS plastic. When putting 2 pieces back together again (using bondo, I'm assuming or whatever) in order to make the Pathy's step rails shorter, how does the structural integrity change? Do you think it will be able to support the weight that will be incurred upon it?

·
on line
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hattrik21 said:
I can measure them for you if you want. My wife has an 06 Pathy with them on.
Better yet, can you do a test fit? Can you take one side step off of the Pathy and try and see if it will bolt on to the X? I am assuming not because the wheelbases are different, but I could be wrong. If it does fit, do you mind taking and posting a pic?

·
on line
339 Posts
why cut them in half and reduce strength when you could cut off one end to shorten it and clean it up with some type of end cap?

have you looked at the aftermarket step rails designed specifically for the xterra?

·
on line
2,540 Posts
hollywoodstylin said:
hattrik21 said:
I can measure them for you if you want. My wife has an 06 Pathy with them on.
Better yet, can you do a test fit? Can you take one side step off of the Pathy and try and see if it will bolt on to the X? I am assuming not because the wheelbases are different, but I could be wrong. If it does fit, do you mind taking and posting a pic?
I'll try but I have sliders so it might be difficult. I'll see what I can do.

·
on line
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
johnlam940 said:
why cut them in half and reduce strength when you could cut off one end to shorten it and clean it up with some type of end cap?

have you looked at the aftermarket step rails designed specifically for the xterra?

I love the fit and finish of the Pathy's step rails. The reason for cutting it in half is because the ends of the rails follow the contours of the Pathy and look like it will follow the same contours of the X. I have looked at aftermarket step rails, but I need more pictures of products and when I contacted the manufacturers, they said that they don't have any more.

·
on line
6 Posts
I just got some a couple weeks ago from eBay for $150 shipped. I'm happy with it. I like the look better than the OEM step rails.

·
on line
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
char1982 said:
I just got some a couple weeks ago from eBay for $150 shipped. I'm happy with it. I like the look better than the OEM step rails.

I don't like how far those rails stuck out from the X. If you look at the Pathy's, they sit nice and tight.

·
on line
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lowhombre said:
so will the pathfinder OEM steprails fit the X or not?
Not without modification. The Pathy steps are too long. They would need to be trimmed in order to fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts