Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2006 X 6MT
73 Posts
There's an 08 Path with decent seats at my u-pull.

But, its leather so I'm 99% sure its power seats. I'm wondering if I can keep the Xterra seat frame rails, and just bolt in the seat pan / cushion? That would take care of leg room and up & down; but the seat back, I think that is riveted to the seat frame. The upper seat cushion and cover should just fit on to the X. I don't have side airbags, so I'd just unbolt them from the Pathfinder.

The other way would be to convert the X to power seats using the entire Pathfinder seat assembly. But no idea what connections would need to be made for a manual set Xterra?

I wonder if other Nissan seats might be an option just to swap out covers and foam, like Maxima, Murano Altima?

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
There's an 08 Path with decent seats at my u-pull.

But, its leather so I'm 99% sure its power seats. I'm wondering if I can keep the Xterra seat frame rails, and just bolt in the seat pan / cushion? That would take care of leg room and up & down; but the seat back, I think that is riveted to the seat frame. The upper seat cushion and cover should just fit on to the X. I don't have side airbags, so I'd just unbolt them from the Pathfinder.

The other way would be to convert the X to power seats using the entire Pathfinder seat assembly. But no idea what connections would need to be made for a manual set Xterra?

I wonder if other Nissan seats might be an option just to swap out covers and foam, like Maxima, Murano Altima?
If the pathy has leather then they are power seats.

If you read the whole thread - the power seats bolt in, and the airbag switch connectors are the same - so the swap is straight forward. The power seat only requires you to pull power to it - so that is pretty easy - just make sure to fuse it. The heated seat part is a little more complex but doable - if your donor has heated seats that is.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I Google Imaged backseats of 08 Pathy and it doesn't look so different, aside from a wide center. Am I to assume that leather rears from a Pathy are non compatible?

·
Registered
2006 X 6MT
73 Posts
On the SE (?) I saw, the rear seats kind of tumbled forward as a unit, not like ours where the cushion goes first and then the seat back goes down. Although looking at your picture, it seems it would work the same way. Perhaps a difference in trim levels on the Pathy?

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
the back seats might be similar size, but they mount and fold very differently.

·
on line
2,303 Posts
I guess Infiniti QX seats would work from the same era. Curious about other Nissan seats that might work.
Doubt it. The QX4 is based on the old unibody pathfinder. It went away the same time the body on frame pathfinder came out. And if you are talking about QX56/80 that is yet a different full size platform. There is nothing in the Infiniti lineup that uses the same basic floorpan as the Frontier/Xterra/Pathfinder of the '05-12 generation (with Xterra continuing to '15 and Frontier going to '20 so far).

I thought I heard that the power seat didn't clear the subwoofer? One or the other fit.

·
Registered
2006 X 6MT
73 Posts
I picked up the seats the other day, along with the homelink / nav mirror.

I have the 06 with manual seats, in cloth, and no side airbag.

These seats are 10-way power, with heat. Heat would be a bonus if its easy enough to figure out.

Before I go to the trouble of cleaning and dyeing the seats, I want to verify that the all the adjusting screws have power and function. Can I assume that a 12V battery and positive and negative leads would be enough to at least test the seat? It should just be a matter of identifying the right colour wire for positive and ground?

I'm even less certain how the heat works - all the wires going in to the bottom of the seat are pretty thin gauge. I expected a heating wire to be thicker? There are 4 wires coming from that, I'm guessing power (high and low), ground, and maybe some kind of dashboard signal?

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
I picked up the seats the other day, along with the homelink / nav mirror.

View attachment 132301

I have the 06 with manual seats, in cloth, and no side airbag.

These seats are 10-way power, with heat. Heat would be a bonus if its easy enough to figure out.

Before I go to the trouble of cleaning and dyeing the seats, I want to verify that the all the adjusting screws have power and function. Can I assume that a 12V battery and positive and negative leads would be enough to at least test the seat? It should just be a matter of identifying the right colour wire for positive and ground?

I'm even less certain how the heat works - all the wires going in to the bottom of the seat are pretty thin gauge. I expected a heating wire to be thicker? There are 4 wires coming from that, I'm guessing power (high and low), ground, and maybe some kind of dashboard signal?
Pull the service manual for the Pathy from Nicco Club.

·
Registered
2006 X 6MT
73 Posts
Doubt it. The QX4 is based on the old unibody pathfinder. It went away the same time the body on frame pathfinder came out. And if you are talking about QX56/80 that is yet a different full size platform. There is nothing in the Infiniti lineup that uses the same basic floorpan as the Frontier/Xterra/Pathfinder of the '05-12 generation (with Xterra continuing to '15 and Frontier going to '20 so far).

I thought I heard that the power seat didn't clear the subwoofer? One or the other fit.
The 3rd Gen QX4 (S51) is the same as the 04-12 Pathfinder. I don't have a subwoofer, so lots of room. I was thinking more of Altima or Maxima, cars more likely to have leather than other X's.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
I’m pretty interested in all this for my Alaska trip especially the heated seats! So keep the updates rolling please :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
49 Posts
I’m pretty interested in all this for my Alaska trip especially the heated seats! So keep the updates rolling please :)

If you cant find them, you can buy the ebay kit with the OEM Nissan switches. I got the set for about 90 or so and installed in a few hours, even with learning as I went. I did I little write-up on the install on redditt.
They work great BTW. Good enough that I am looking into installing a set in the rear seats.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
If you cant find them, you can buy the ebay kit with the OEM Nissan switches. I got the set for about 90 or so and installed in a few hours, even with learning as I went. I did I little write-up on the install on redditt.
They work great BTW. Good enough that I am looking into installing a set in the rear seats.
Reddit?

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
2006 X 6MT
73 Posts
Pathfinder seat wiring diagram for power and heat. These are for an 08 Leather, but I'm assuming the wiring would not change much over the years.

First up - Power Seats.

My plan is to put 50A "add a circuit" fuse with wire attached in the pax side fuse box, between the glovebox and the door. Run that wire direct to the driver and pax seats power in pin. Run the ground direct from each seat to body ground, either new or existing.

Essentially, I'm bypassing all kinds of switches along the way, the red lines are mine.

Power Seat Questions:

1. Can I test these seats off vehicle with a 12V motorcycle battery and two wires?
2. Or should I use a 50A fused wire even if its just a quick test if they still work?
3. Most of the "add a circuit" are rated for 5-30A, at least those that come with fuses. I have not seen one come with a 50A fuse. Is there a reason for this, ie, is 50A too much and I'll have to run a line to the battery positive?
5. Factory diagram shows a circuit breaker. Should I install one, if so, details?

Heated Seat

For the heated seats, I need to go back to the UPull and grab the OEM switches for driver and pax. Similar strategy to wiring;
1 - Find a 10A add a circuit and plug into fuse block
2 - Run that line to M161 Connector Pin 1 and M160 Connector Pin 2
3 - Run power from pins 3 & 4 on both sides direct to B209 and B307 Pins 1 & 3, bypassing everything in the orange circle (feel free to tell me why this should not be done)
4 - Run ground lines from B209 and B307 Pin 2 direct to a unique ground (left and right sides of truck)
5 - Run shared ground near dash for M161 & M160 pin 4

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
I went junk yard wandering last week end

I’mdoing this it to cool not to lol

21 - 38 of 38 Posts