Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
on line
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I did a quick search and did not find anything so I figured I would make a post. Has anyone tried to put the Pathfinder Hatch on the Xterra? I am having to replace the hatch on my X due to a low branch in a parking lot and was curious if this would work. I know the plate is in the hatch of the pathfinder instead of the bumper. I believe the rear glass will open on the Pathy, that is the main reason why I want to swap them. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I highly doubt it...But from the looks of it, I am pretty sure we share the same tailights as the Pathfinders so who knows

·
on line
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
08XOR please take a look. Also take some pics of the back side by side. I am really curious that this will work. It would be pretty sweet!

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
my next door neighbor has a pathy... they're not home right now though. I will have a look before I go to work tonight...

·
on line
10,980 Posts
Take some measurements, that'll let you know how much needs to change (if anything) ...

I'd look at measurements for both the body side hinge mounts and the hatch side hinge mounts; then I'd look at whether the Pathy hatch would even fit the X's body lines ... particularly the lower edge, where it has to align inside the bumper corners; and along the top curved edge on the side, where it has to match the complex (not co-planar) curve of the rear pillar.

Tail lights are easy to pull off, so I'd be curious to know if the Pathy ones fit on the X ... if so, then the tail light to hatch fitment becomes a non-issue - since the Pathy hatch/light cutline is slightly different than the Xterra one.

I'll be curious to see what you find out! I know it's been discussed a time or two, but no one's ever gotten too far into the research.

ETA: Here's the hatch part diagrams for the 2008 Offroad Xterra and for the 2008 Pathfinder Offroad V6; from enissanparts.com, jerseyparts' OEM parts website. The shapes do look the same, but obviously different OEM part numbers.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
A quick and dirty comparison seems to show that the hatches have slightly different dimensions. These images are scaled so that the license plates (and hence the trucks) are the same size relative to one another. The colored lines are identical lengths, making it appear that the Xterra's hatch is slightly taller and wider than the Pathy's. The perspective is slightly different for each, so this is a pretty rough comparison.

·
Registered
143 Posts
That picture definitely proves that the tail lights would need to be swapped if this is at all possible. But damn, they sure look similar!!!!

I would be all over this!!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts