·
on line
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any easier way to install head light bulbs

on the Passenger Side.

they give u like barely no room to work with
on the driver side there is alot of enough room

is so hard to install bulbs on the passenger side because the battery is in the way..

can u take the whole headlight out and do it...

·
on line
807 Posts
To remove the headlight you have to remove the grill and most of the bumper. To remove the battery you need to remove 2 small nuts (10mm I think). You don't even need to take the battery out, once you undo the tie-down you can slide it back far enough to give you the room you need.

You can decide which is easier.

·
on line
631 Posts
i loosened the battery hold down, moved the battery back, tightened everything... and now i have room to RnR the bulb. ive replaced mine a few times already so my right arm can bend and squeeze in there, then i force my left arm to put it back. if you think the headlights are hard, try the turn signals with the battery moved all the way back... there is NO room, but i still force my hand in there and come out with scratches.

good luck with the headlights. what bulbs you puttin in there?

·
on line
616 Posts
d-rap said:
Still, that's nuts. I've never had a car or truck that made it harder to change a headlight. It should take 30 seconds.
I had a 1998 Chrysler Concorde that required removing the entire bumper cover (it essentially covered the entire front of the vehicle) to replace the light bulbs.

At one point, I had a headlight shining into the heavens. I decided to have it looked at by the dealer, who informed me that the car would need a new $600 headlight assembly. I got home and took the bumper cover off to discover that the bulb was merely loose. Even the dealer didn't bother removing the cover.

It also had a battery that was so far buried that you couldn't see it when you opened the hood. You actually had to remove the right front wheel and the inner fender to get to the battery.

The X is nothing.

-Old Army

·
on line
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks 4 for your replys

and lossenin the battery holder and slidin it back works alot better

now i got enough space...

yeaa

·
on line
1,361 Posts
Jang Pilmo said:
thanks 4 for your replys

and lossenin the battery holder and slidin it back works alot better

now i got enough space...

yeaa
It's funny how a different perspective on a problem seems so obvious but at the time you could never think of it. Happens to me all the time.

Now it won't happen to me on this :geek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts