Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wierd one today. Missus comes home, parks, comes in. I go out, hey, u left the lights on! Go check, and the switch was in the off position, doors locked, yet the lower bulbs in the tail lights, and the front signals and side markers were on. Drove a bit, got out, they were off. Locked the doors, and they came on again. Anyone experience this before? Once i got home and parked again, they turned off.

·
on line
306 Posts
Does it have DRL? Some canadian models had a funny dealer DRL setup. Find and swap running lights relay.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
happened again. had to pull the battery cable tonight so it wouldn't die overnight. Start vehicle, lights are off. turn off vehicle, lights go on and won't turn off. There is power to the lower lights in the rear, the license plate light, both front turns and markers, and low power to the headlights. Pulling the DRL relay only powers off the headlights, all the rest stay on. Going to try digging through a wiring diagram tomorrow to see what ties all these circuits together.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I have a similar story, but different with a rental charger. It was at night, and i had turned the lights on like normal. driving home I get pulled over. cop says that my tail lights are out. Told him it was a rental and I had no idea, so he told me to go back to the rental and let them check it out. I get home, turn the car off and then back on and they were fine. and only had the car another night with no issues.. but I told them about it when i returned it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts