Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well all this accident talk almost got me last night. I was following a team mate to downtown Stuttgart lastnight for a welcome back celebration for some buds who got back from the Stan and well let's just say parking garages suck here. He has a late model Patrol which is a little lower than my truck but not much so I followed him into a garage. Just as I made the blind turn into it I see a 1.6m clearance sign and hit the brakes. Unfortunately 4 germans pulled up on my arse and wouldn't back up any to ease my way out of the entrance. So I begin the 10 point turn to turn around. Turn 1 didn't work so well as I screwed up a light on the rack and nailed the jack handle squarely into the roof beam sending my rack and cross beams back a foot and a half. No serious damage other than the jack mount burying itself deep into the right rear plastic end cap on the factory rack. The one good thing is I found my shackles I stuffed up in the storage box as I could open it again after the accidental relocation.

·
on line
400 Posts
Grunzen said:
Well all this accident talk almost got me last night. I was following a team mate to downtown Stuttgart lastnight for a welcome back celebration for some buds who got back from the Stan and well let's just say parking garages suck here. He has a late model Patrol which is a little lower than my truck but not much so I followed him into a garage. Just as I made the blind turn into it I see a 1.6m clearance sign and hit the brakes. Unfortunately 4 germans pulled up on my arse and wouldn't back up any to ease my way out of the entrance. So I begin the 10 point turn to turn around. Turn 1 didn't work so well as I screwed up a light on the rack and nailed the jack handle squarely into the roof beam sending my rack and cross beams back a foot and a half. No serious damage other than the jack mount burying itself deep into the right rear plastic end cap on the factory rack. The one good thing is I found my shackles I stuffed up in the storage box as I could open it again after the accidental relocation.
you should add another rule to your signature..

-know the height of the car with the mods and the parking garage your going into

·
on line
332 Posts
i think rule #1 still aplies because the X looks cool even if someone rolls it.

·
on line
1,884 Posts
Your X could just back up over the germans...

·
on line
2,081 Posts
THat's all well and good until the sign displayed outside the parking garage lies to you. The sign said 7ft, so I went in and didn't hit the swinging sign. Then when I try to get out of the place the roof starts getting lower and lower with all sorts of pipes and shit hanging down. Then I got to 1 big ass pipe and said - There's no way I'm making it under that - seeing all the scrapes on it already. So I had to take my Yakima rack off in the middle of the parking garage to get under. Even without the rack there was only maybe 3" of clearance. No way 7ft - and in my lawyers office building too, I guess they are maybe looking for the lawsuits from the damages :)

·
on line
1,045 Posts
RiNkY said:
THat's all well and good until the sign displayed outside the parking garage lies to you. The sign said 7ft, so I went in and didn't hit the swinging sign. Then when I try to get out of the place the roof starts getting lower and lower with all sorts of pipes and shit hanging down. Then I got to 1 big ass pipe and said - There's no way I'm making it under that - seeing all the scrapes on it already. So I had to take my Yakima rack off in the middle of the parking garage to get under. Even without the rack there was only maybe 3" of clearance. No way 7ft - and in my lawyers office building too, I guess they are maybe looking for the lawsuits from the damages :)
I hear ya... the entry to this garage said 7". Then after taking one corner, it said 6' 9"... then going to the bottom level it said 6'8".

Hey, at least the sign was on chains and moved when I hit it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts