Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of us from pgh-offroad.com and WPAXC are planning a run to Paragon the weekend of March 10th. This is all contingent on them still being open. We'll have all sorts of vehicles there and be running a few blue/black trails.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
That sounds like fun, maybe me. Get some use out of that membership.
What is going on with that? Appeals? I last understood it was hard on hands down shut down. They are hanging in there eh? I just voted no today for the airport in that online newspaper. MC

·
on line
81 Posts
Last I heard about Paragon is the judge said they could remain open until it is resolved. So for now they are still open.

Really wish I could go to this, but I already have plans of the 10th.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Was this posted on XF. I know AlliedAcid was looking to run blues and blacks at PAP that weekend.

Anyone running high greens and blues?

·
on line
1,667 Posts
I'll be there with a friend and without my rear bumper.

·
on line
807 Posts
Just to let you know, a group of guys from clubfrontier went to PAP this weekend and said there was 4-6" of slush with ice under it, making the trails much more difficult then they would normally be.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, we are expecting that. I kind of hope that most of it is melted off as it's supposed to warm up later in the week and the weekend is supposed to be in mid/high 40's.

For those that are going...if you want to meet up, we are staying at the Comfort Inn and I'm not sure what CB channel we'll be on, but I'll monitor Ch4.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
i figure that we will meet up with your group in the parking lot around 730-800. possibly earlier?

·
on line
2,938 Posts
When I was there on the 11th it was pretty slick. It was worse because of the huge group the week before compacting the snow into ice.

However, it was in the 50s around here this past weekend.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
matrix12480 said:
i figure that we will meet up with your group in the parking lot around 730-800. possibly earlier?
I think we were planning on getting to the staging area about 8. There is a guy driving im from Erie, PA early Saturday morning and plans on an 8:30 arrival.

I think we'll be running a few different groups as we have everything from buggies to near stock TJ's coming.

Where are you staying? I'll be heading out Friday night for a late arrival at the Comfort Inn. If you can't find me or need anything. Give me a call.

412-401-8650

·
on line
1,667 Posts
Rad. I'm leaving saturday morning and be there 800-830ish.

im going to get alot of sh1t since i have to run with the Jeepers.
anyone have my back?

You running your jeep as well?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, the Jeep is garaged right now. Rebuilding the suspension and steering and doing general cleanup on a few other issues (to make it inspectable).

·
on line
1,667 Posts
ahhhh...inspectable.

figure those TJ's are running high greens/low blues?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Depending on trail conditions I think we have a group running Green/Blue and a group running Blue/Black. I will probably be wheeling both days, so one of those days I am hitting the blue/blacks.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Matrix,

Hope you had a good time. Nice meeting you and sorry we didn't run with you guys. We ended up just running Greens and Blues all day, but with a few stucks we didn't cover as much ground as we had hoped. The poor Zuki that was with us blew a front axle and we ended up dragging him around the last half of the day.

No serious damage to speak of. The rear diff took a couple good hits and I ended up with a tree into the drivers side rear door (can't even tell now...the dent popped out).

I think we are planning another trip out there some time soon, so I'll let you know.

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Was there still a lot of snow? That place is tough when it is slick.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still a good bit of snow, but it's all ice under.

I didn't have much problems except for a few down hills and one rock that put my rear door into a tree (the dent popped back out and you can't tell it was ever hit).

Here are some pics.

http://jbeamphotos.com/gallery/WPAXC-PghOffroad_Paragon_03-10-07

We didn't cover as much ground as we planned, but the red zuki blew a front axle and was having some problems (we dragged him every where the second half of the day. :)

I am not sure of all the trails we ran, but we tried rocky meadows (that is where the zuki bit it), we tried to run Turtle (but the zuki couldn't get up the first hill), we ran cherokee ridge (the X needs lower TC gears) and we ran impossible hill at the end (which was nothing more than a pinball game between the rocks)....thank god for the armor. The skids all got a workout, the diff armor took a good beating and I wouldn't have any rocker panels left if it wasn't for the sliders......Thanks Shrock!

·
on line
2,938 Posts
Interesting little buggy. Diff Armor? Shrocks?

Looks good. Tough to cover ground in the snow and pulling a sidekick.

Tom with the silver X said it was icy and dicey in some spots. I don't have the patients for icy and dicey.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts