Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about taking my X up to Providence to check out Palmer Spring to possibly get some custom leaf springs made. Anyone on here have any experience with them?

The few posts I found through through search seem to be positive but it doesn't seem like anyone has any real experience using them.

So, anyone have any info/experience in dealing with Palmer Spring? Looking for prices/quality/build time/etc. from anyone who's purchased from them. Or suggestions for a different spring shop are appreciated as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
918 Posts
I haven't used them since I moved out of RI but I lived there for 35 years and they were always the go to guys for springs. My experience with them was always positive. My dad was into building race cars and he always went to Palmer for his springs. Also, I am not sure there are other real options other than Palmer. It's like driveshafts. If you need a custom driveshaft you go to RI driveshaft in Warwick. You need springs you go to Palmer. Just my .02

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Yes, they will do it. They do awesome work as well. Worked for the Town of Lincoln in RI and they do all the leafs when needed for the Ford f-450 dump bodies, large sander trucks, regular f-350 trucks, and the garbage trucks. The head mechanic swears by them and even asked them if they would do them for me a while back and they said of course. Never got around to doing it because I didn't have the money at the time.

P.S. Curt, STFU.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info.

@c3po depends on how much overtime I work, I want to make the purchase some time between now and the end of the year. I might go up and talk to them before then though, I'll make a post on here and try to make a M+G out of it as Ricel suggested.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Let me know, December-ish, I'll start looking around for some options, local sounds good, would just depend on price.

What kind of lift/load you looking for?

OME Dakar leafs are $375 plus shipping for around 2" of lift and a few pounds of load over stock, so if the deal is better than that...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Let me know, December-ish, I'll start looking around for some options, local sounds good, would just depend on price.
As someone who installed a lift outdoors in the middle of January, let me say: wait for spring. Pun intended.

OME Dakar leafs are $375 plus shipping for around 2" of lift and a few pounds of load over stock, so if the deal is better than that...
Here, save yourself some dough (and remember to buy two):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004PA312A/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And get them super-fast if you have Prime!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts