Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my stock Xterra is getting some new body guards in the form of a some shrockworks rocksliders and either a grille guard or bullbar. I haven't decided yet.

My question is, I have a really killer image in my head of my black Xterra being protected with this red armor kinda like the color of a that cherry emoticon staring right back at me at the moment. :cherry: .
So can someone please advise me what kind of paint I should use for these products and how I should go about painting them.

All the guards I am getting come powdercoated black so I will need something I can put over that.

Please advise or move this question to a better served location.

Thanks for all of your help in advance.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Get the stuff in bare steel. Take it to a sand blasting shop have it all cleaned up. Then use an epoxy primer and paint.

It would all depend on if it's for looks or if you are actually going to go bang it up.

Shrock will powdercoat his stuff red for a small additonal cost.

·
on line
3,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It will be for use more than looks. I really dont want to spend too much on it because I imagine they will get scratched a lot so I want something I can just apply again to touch it up you know?

I was also thinking about asking Jim to do it but then since my guard is not coming from Shrock I felt it a little inappropriate. Also, by doing it myself I can guarantee to get the same color and have them match. I plan to do eventually do the same to the back tire bumper I will get from Shrock along with a rack up top.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts