Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had looked at getting my wheels(all five) powder coated gunmetal gray...but that seems a bit pricy. So, I've read that you can paint over bedliner...my thought is to bedline the wheels and then paint them the gunmetal gray color that I want. Anyone had experience painting bedliner? Is there any prep needed for it??

·
Registered
527 Posts
I've seen bedliner come in other colors besides black. I've seen white on boat decks. They probably have grey that they could even make darker or lighter.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhh, I like the "prime the bedliner" idea...I think I'll try that. Hopefully with a couple coats of grayish primer over the bedliner the final color I want will turn out. Thanks for the info guys!

·
Registered
303 Posts
there is definitely charcoal bedliner! I have seen it at autozone for a FACT, because I was looking for BLACK and they only had the charcoal one. IIRC it was duplicolor, but I might be wrong on the brand.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great ideas y'all, thanks. I think I'll def do the bedliner and then try the duplicolor primer. I'll just have to find the right color gunmetal for the final coat...I'm thinking a lite metalic grayish color should look good against the white X.

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
Keep it in the family - Duplicolor has a wide range of metallic grays/gunmetalesque colors.

As I said, do wait at least a few hours between bedlining and priming. I noticed I could still leave fingerprints on my shovel a few hours after lining it. Don't want your primer to craze up!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts