Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seemed to me that a lot of people were doing this the past couple weeks, so I felt the peer pressure and decided to do it too! But I only have one pic.. I finished it on Tuesday morning, the last day the city of Las Vegas had temps above 75 degrees for the year! So here is the one and only pic of the side of my truck, I know it sucks, but it was taken in the driveway with my cell... i will post more today as I am feeling the urge to hit a trail before turkey :cheers:

Took me about 2.5 hours to do all 4 wheels. And that includes washing, sanding, prepping, painting and installing. They turned out great! I know the X is dirty, and the wheels are clean... I still need to wash it but now the temps dropped to the low 60s and upper 50s so I think I will just drive thru a puddle

Any other granite colored Xterras with the painted wheels out there??

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: In NAPA, California, 1955, we took the hubcaps off our parents cars, (4 of us)--

--AND PAINTED THE WHEELS BLACK--

--That was COOL then--

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
463 Posts
Had mine powder-coated in 2006.
Glad to see it's not a bad idea !

·
on line
1,361 Posts
wow, my head hurts from looking at those pics, nice job, any straight on level pics?

·
on line
896 Posts
has anyone ever tried painting them a different color???? I would definitely like to paint them black, but I wonder what other colors look like? I'm thinking about painting mine granite (or as close to it as I can find). Almost like the NISMO bronze wheels

·
on line
1,208 Posts
yes, but I would imagine they are more dificult to do since they have more curves and areas to retain the paint, and give you a hard time making the coat as even as you can for balance. Here is a pic.

·
on line
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lostboy said:
wow, my head hurts from looking at those pics, nice job, any straight on level pics?
No straight on level pics yet... I wanted to do a quick run yesterday before dinner but that was a no go. Accidents were everywhere! So I was unable to hit a trail to take some nice shots... I will take a few pics today in the parking lot of the mall :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts