1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a much needed wash.... I noticed my "A" pillars looked like this:

Before:

After:

First time I noticed the area that was chipping was the size of a nickel. :angry5:
I had a local shop quote me $250-$280 to get them back in shape.
I'm thinking there are other alternatives. Anybody else have this issue? What would you all recommend?

If it comes down to it, I guess I'll just give the "go ahead" but I'd like some ideas beforehand.

Edit: I managed to paint this myself with little to no painting experience for only $40.

Shout out to "Lizardking" for the link: http://www.automotivetouchup.com/
A few more pics:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's really only one solution for this problem...

Bedline the whole rig!!!
lol Now I can say "Nah, it's been done" to this. I was actually thinking of just the top half... but was turned off at the idea of making it look like some type of FJ.

You can hide the drivers side A-pillar with a snorkel! :D
And here I was thinking I had some great help coming my way. :pukeright: Trust me, I tried that one with the wifey... didn't work. Was my fist choice though.

X2 for Both posts abbove

·
Registered
577 Posts
I'm having this issue in the rain gutters on either side of the roof. Every time she gets washed it gets worse. Don't know what to do.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
If its just the rain gutters and hasnt expanded to the painted metal, I would just touch it up and not worry too much about that. Nissan used a sealant in the rain gutters that the paint didn't adhere very well too. Even on my 2010, I had a little bit of it and I touched it up and its been fine.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
It looks like it is in a good spot just to sand it, prime it, paint and top it with clear coat. This place makes good color match stuff: http://www.automotivetouchup.com/

Unless you want a Snorkel... go with that idea for the drivers side. :D

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thanks for that info atl. I meant the vertical parts of those channels, though. It looks like metal to me. I'll try to get a pic. But I also have other chips some of which are rusting. I'm dreading what a body shop would quote to do the whole truck. Been thinking of fixing all of the trouble areas and having it dipped. But I guess that would only be a temporary fix.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I am having the exact same issue on both sides. I actually heard from a buddy of mine that there could be a recall on this?! Not sure if that is correct or not. Let me know what you do to yours and how it turns out

·
Registered
57 Posts
buy the matching primer, paint and clear from dupli-color and do it yourself. I actually just found this on mine this weekend and plan to tackle it myself.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am having the exact same issue on both sides. I actually heard from a buddy of mine that there could be a recall on this?! Not sure if that is correct or not. Let me know what you do to yours and how it turns out
What are they going to have every car repainted? lol

buy the matching primer, paint and clear from dupli-color and do it yourself. I actually just found this on mine this weekend and plan to tackle it myself.
Sounds like you'll end up doing this before me. Let me know how this turns out. I still haven't made time/ordered anything.

·
on line
3,592 Posts
Make sure you do a good Play by Play & photo shoot..

My gutters, and Pillars are doing the same dam thing.. Cheap china made white paint Nissan used..

1 - 20 of 28 Posts