Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The paint on the rest of the truck aint too bad, but the dark silver paint on the front grill of my '06 has chipped in a couple spots, and the finish is also streaky, real lousy paint on the front grill. I've only owned the truck for about 8 mos., 12K miles. Should I go to the dealership and ask them for a warranty replacement on the front grill, or am I wasting my time?

·
on line
1,831 Posts
Karpediem said:
Question... What keeps the hook on the winch line from rattling up against the bumper? I just installed a winch and upon trying to secure my hook with such a method, found that it creates "hot-spots" where it contacts the bumper.

And please don't recommend tightening the line because I have synthetic and it doesn't stretch.

I'm thinking of making a neoprene cover for the neck of the hook.

·
on line
1,208 Posts
I took mine off, sanded it, and then sprayed it with this stuff, it took 1.5 cans to finish both pieces.

It gave it a semi gloss textured look to it, I did not know about the semi gloss when I bought it, but once I got the parts in the sun, I saw it, but don't really mind it at all. I opted to spray the nissan hamburger as well to give it the overall subdued look I wanted. I also hit the center part on the bottom to even it up since they were the same color.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts